
Well I can honestly say that I gave the 'U' an honest try...and I didn't like it... :( A couple of my roommates and I went to their Crimson Nights party last Friday, it was a fun party! But it definately reminded me why I would NOT want to go there... I will stay here in Provo thanks! On a happier note..before the part we stopped by temple square and took a couple pics! It was fun! AND BYU play UTAH Saturday in basketball!!! AND WE WON!!! YEAHOOO!!! The best part was for 2 days before that I heard non-stop from my cousin Shane how we were going to get beat so bad and on and on and on. I am not a trast talker, I love my Cougars, but I don't say much about it ever. But after all of the trash talking I endured before that game I earned my right to rub in the fact that WE WON!!!!! Also out of the three Basketball teams in Utah, BYU, Utah, and Utah State, BYU was ranked number one! Utah State number 2, and Utah number 3!! HA even better! I hope all you Cougar fans are loving this as much as me! Especially if you have a Utah fan that is frequently trash talking to you!!!! LOVE MY COUGS!!!
12 comments:
Beautiful photos! ;)
Kara, your blog makes me laugh. I can just see Shane's blood boiling now...LOL.
I'm more bummed out Utah State isn't ranked number one anymore. That's the one sport they actually rock at! Oh well, I guess we'll see how it goes. Even thought I'm an Aggie at heart, I'd have to agree with Shane on this one. I'm definitely not a big fan of the Y. It's all good though. Go Utes.
I know haha! half the fun of writing it was knowing what Shane's reaction would be! He deserves it though after everything he's said to me lately!!
I can hardly wait to see Shane's response. I will keep checking in to read it. If he is trash talking to you, he should expect this!!!LOL
Exactly! That is what I say! He got mad me for doing it once already though right after the game I text him and said 'we won yahoo!!' he wasn't happy...
OH WOOF!!!!!!!! Poo on BYU! You guys have terrible fans. Ours are more out of control, but at least ours aren't professing to be cussing in favor of the Lord's "real university." We will cuss if we have to but don't pretend that we never did when we're passing the sacrament in church the next day as we're putting on an innocent face and thinking that things are ok because we are fans of the "Lord's real university." WOOF WOOF WOOF! STUPID BYU! UNIVERSITY OF UTAH UTES. SUGAR BOWL CHAMPIONS! BYU (OH wait a minute they didn't win their bowl game last year in football but got embarassed by a very sub par team) What is that I hear? BYU still whining about Max Hall being a terrible quarterback who gets confused who his team is?
Shane accept the loss and move on...be a good sport about losing...stop bringing up football, the season is long over....
Haha...now we're talkin'!
Again, I have to side with Shane on this one. I remember at the games where Utah State would play BYU, their fans were by-far the worst. They would come across as being, as Shane puts it, the "Lord's real University," while being the worst sports and being the rudest to everyone else. I will never forget during homecoming in Logan, there were 4 or 5 girls from the Y who were invited to our Homecoming. They kept ripping on everyone and complaining at how girls were wearing sleeveless dresses. It made me so mad...don't come on OUR campus and whine about how things are. I was just bugged...and wanted to slap them and tell them to get off our campus. Anyway...
Shane, tell us how you REALLY feel. LOL.
Shane...
So it's ok to swear and cuss and treat people like crap as long as you don't go to church the next and pass the sacrament...good philosophy... Really though, if the reason that our fans are so bad is because they cuss and then go to church I'll keep em! Because I know a heck of a lot of other people who do cuss and do go to church! Heck J. Golden Kimball? He'd cuss right over the pulpit at General Conference! We'll keep our fans thanks! We'll take them over the ridiculously out of control and down right rude fans of 90% of the other universities in this country. Typical Ute fan, making up excuses as to why they lose. YOU LOST! And GUESS WHAT it wasn't just because you had a 'bad game' because you lost your next game to! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! And guess what there is a DANG good chance you're gonna lost your next one! At least our team can get along with each other, your last game they weren't even yelling at the other team this time, they were in EACH OTHERS faces and shoving them away. Max Hall had a bad game, get over it. He also plays FOOTBALL in case you don't remember we're talking about BASKETBALL...that season is long over with, we beat you the last 2 years in a row before that, just because you finally win one doesn't give you eternal bragging right. But this is the Utes were talking about, i'm sure we'll be hearing about this for the next ten years to come... I usually sit by and never say a word, but i'm done listening to it :) I'll dish it right back out!!!!
Oh my! What is this animosity towards my beloved Cougars?
I love my Cougars, BUT, obviously I sure hope I don't get judged as someone who does bad things because I am a BYU fan, then "goes to church" to pretend I am good. Wow.
I do bad things cause I make bad choices, then go to church cause I want to score brownie points to hopefully counter-balance a few of those bad things I did all week!!
So, it's exciting when we win, and sad when we lose, and I don't lose sleep or worry about it beyond that. I even have deep compassion and love for my poor nephew who feels differently than me. lol
So, in my "amateur" opinion, Shane needs a girlfriend. He is spending WAY to much time worrying about this. lol
...Let us all say kind words to eachother...
I think we can all agree that all fans from all Universities are obnoxious and rude. Some more than others. I will be the first to admit that when I was going to Utah State, we were awful also. That's the whole fun of competitive sports! There were members of our fans who had written "Jesus was an Aggie" on a poster when we were playing BYU. They were furious! It was awful, but hilarious! We just need to all agree to disagree.
I think what rubs people the wrong way with BYU fans(students more than fans), is that sometimes they make people feel like they are "less than" because they are not a "mormon" school. That was what always bothered me. Utah State was a great school, and most people who went there were LDS. Like I said in my last comment, when those girls came to our school and treated everyone like dirt because we didn't have a dress code, and kept acting like we were "less than" because we didn't say a prayer in class....that's annoying as heck. That's my main gripe.
Again, we should all agree to disagree, and do what the header on Kara's blog says to do! LOL.
Haha I know I read that and laughed....I had to speak my peace first haha!! Love you em!!
Post a Comment