Monday, April 6, 2009

Quito, Ecuador



{Map of Ecuador}


I'M GOING TO ECUADOR!!! I submitted my application today to volunteer in a hospital in Quito, Ecuador! I'm so excited! I'm going down with a company called Global Connections out of Texas. I leave August 1st. They pick me up from the airport and I will spend the 2 weeks with a host family there! I'm really really excited. I can't even begin to *type* my excitement! I have also been studying Spanish for about a year now, and i'm kind of stuck in a stage that I understand, but it's really hard for me to speak with people and understand native speakers. So this is going to be perfect for that! I get 2 hours of spanish lessons a day, and everyone around me will always be speaking spanish, so I'm really excited! Here are some pictures of the beautiful Quito, Ecuador that I will be living in for 2 weeks! After I graduate I will be going back for longer....but 2 weeks is the longest break that I have between semesters...But it will be a perfect getaway between semesters!
{a picture from a roof in Quito}

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hey that's awesome...what is it for? that will be such a great experience

Terry Lynn said...

That is where my good friend Debi went on her mission. Yeah Kara.