Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Tree 2012

For Family Home Evening last Monday we set up our tree! We have always done real trees, and frankly I prefer real trees, but knowing that Emery would constantly be "getting into" this tree we decided that an artificial tree would be the best option this year. And I'm really glad that we did. She is constantly pulling on it, climbing underneath it, I would be much more worried if it was a huge, tall, heavy tree than this one! We kept the ornaments simple and didn't put on about half of them. I knew they would just be pulled off as fast as we could put them on. And I was right! We put an ornament on, Emery goes and takes it off. haha, oh well!

Notice there is only one ornament on the tree, and she is trying to get it off. 








 After much coaxing she finally put an ornament on. She was very proud of herself when she saw how happy we were!

Jake left up the stool after putting on the star, of course she sees it as an opportunity to take off ornaments that she normally wouldn't be able to reach!

Now she loves to climb under there and stare up the tree. She is now usually found under or behind the tree!

Ta-Da! It turned out pretty good. Notice the ornaments already on the ground in the back ground..yeah. Now there are zero ornaments from about the 3rd row of ribbon (from the bottom) and down. There are scattered around the tree. Once a day I put them back on, usually during a nap, and as soon as she up they are back off!

This has nothing to do with putting up our tree but it was funny. Jake put these stickers on his and her face. She thought it was so funny. I love how in the picture on the right she is concentrating so hard to keep it on. It kept falling off so she would try to put it back on. She is in such a copy-cat stage right now. We are loving it, she keeps us laughing!

No comments: