Saturday, June 22, 2013

Lately...

We haven't been up to a whole lot lately. We've been staying busy with lots of outside time just waiting for this baby to come. Technically I do still have 13 days until my actual due date, but as any one who has ever been pregnant before can tell you, a baby coming just a little bit early is nothing to complain about ;)




This week we finally got around to getting all of the baby stuff out, cleaned, and set up. Now it's just teaching the cat not to climb on any of it, and Emery not to swing the swing 100 miles an hour, and that the bouncer is only for babies...not for her...



Mostly our time is occupied with playing outside with friends. We spend lots and lots of hours at the park. There is no place any of these littles would rather be. So it makes for less whining ;)





Emery loves her "gashes" she wants to wear sunglasses around the clock. It cracks me up. She looks adorable in them I think. 


And making messes at breakfast...haha. The other day I was cleaning the kitchen while she was eating breakfast. I walked into her room to put something away and while I was in there she yells "mom!" I replied "What?" and she says "OH NO!" I walk back in the kitchen to this...haha. She LOVES yogurt, but we always buy Greek yogurt. But this time I got regular yogurt and she is not a fan...She just plays with it and will only take a few bites. So note to self...only Greek yogurt from now on! Otherwise I get to clean up major messes!

 We are so excited for this little lady to join us! I really can't complain about this pregnancy at all. It has been pretty much a breeze, especially compared to Emery's. I haven't been sick at all. Occasionally in the mornings after breakfast I get just a little bit of very minor nausea, but it only lasts about an hour. I have gained about 15 pounds less than with Emery, which is awesome...15 less pounds I have to lose in a few months! I think the biggest thing has been not working full time night shifts like I was with Emery. Pregnancy is hard on your body...and working night shift is hard on your body...the combination, wasn't so good ;) haha. I have actually really enjoyed being pregnant this time. And it has flown by, I can't believe how fast it went this time. I think Emery has helped with that...haha. She keeps me so busy I don't have time to think about it too much! But I'm ok with that. I'm getting increasingly more uncomfortable with each passing day, every day I get a little bit more anxious for her to come. Comfortable positions are harder and harder to find, the sciatica is not fun, and the seemingly endless trips to the bathroom, day and night. You know all the wonders of the last few weeks of pregnancy. 
But, the wonderful thing is, it's all totally worth it. Because any day now we will have a new little blessing in our lives. A tiny little human that will fill a hole in our lives that right now we don't even know we have. And I can hardly wait. Right now I'm just soaking up all of these last moments when it's just Emery and I during the days. I'm trying to just cuddle her as much as she will possibly let me and give her all of the attention she needs, because I know that it's going to be a little bit harder in the coming weeks. Luckily we have grandma and grandpa and Aunt Shayli and Haley, and Uncle Colton around because they give her endless attention, that she thoroughly soaks up.  
 So hopefully, sooner than later, we'll be reporting back with a new arrival!

3 comments:

Megan and Jared said...

I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait to see pictures :)

Camber said...

I can't get enough pictures of Emery! And I'm so excited for you--I think the last few weeks of pregnancy are intended to make you desperate to go through ANYTHING to get the baby out. Then it's so worth when they finally arrive. Good luck!

Anna said...

I love the way you put it, that having a baby is like filling a hole in your life that you don't even realize you have yet! So true. Can't wait for her to get here!!!