I have so many pictures that really have no place to go.
A smile I want to capture here, a cute outfit that I always want to remember that at one time she fit into, and a silly moment that I want to remember Emery created, and my favorite of all, sweet sister moments that seem to be happening more and more frequently lately.
They all really have no place to go...but I always want them documented and to be able to look back on them. So here they are. These pictures range from the top one on August 5th, 3 days before Macie turned One Month, to today, August 20th, the day after she turned 6 weeks.
It amazes me how fast these little angels change. So I never want to forget.
But amid these pictures that are purely to help me remember I figured I'd do a quick update. I don't know that anything has changed since the last time I did that, but hey. I'm not convinced anyone besides my Grandma reads these posts anyway ;) Hey Grandma! :)
Macie: This girl is the sweetest. I won't say too much about her since I do monthly posts on her. But one thing I can't say enough about this girl is sweetest. best. baby. ever.
Like for real.
She turned 6 weeks yesterday. At 5 weeks she started sleeping through the night. What?!?
I thought for sure it was a fluke, but for the past week she has slept soundly from 8:00 pm to 5:30 am. Eats. Then goes back to sleep until between 9:00-10:00. She rarely cries. She doesn't even cry when she wakes up in the morning to eat. The only thing that ever wakes me up is her just babbling and grunting away. We have to keep her in our room or I'd never know the poor girl was awake!
We're still just obsessed. More on Macie at her 2 month update.
We're still just obsessed. More on Macie at her 2 month update.
Muah: Doing well. For the sake of "keeping it real" in all honestly today was a rough one! Truthfully I feel like I have adjusted to 2 kids very well. Haven't been too overwhelmed, other than moments, but those are usually due to tantrums and meltdowns from the toddler ;) The newborn is cake! haha. Really the thing that has been rough today and the past few days is just due to sickness! We had a case of the 24 hour flu whip through our house, it left as fast as it came, but man it took a toll. I was up all Friday night and Saturday sick, Jake was sick all Saturday, Emery all Saturday night. I thought by Sunday morning we had all kicked it and Macie had gotten lucky and it had missed her, thank goodness. But alas it did not. Monday morning she started throwing up, and I'm not talking a little spit up. It was full on throwing up. Saddest thing to watch a newborn do. So basically I got puked on all night...and then for some reason today she decided to poop on me all day. So I guess I'm just worn out from being covered in body fluids...
And massive mounds of laundry that I just have to keep rewashing over and over.
haha.
haha.
But it's the life of a mom. And I love being a mom. So I'm okay with it.
I went back to work yesterday. I don't know that I can really call it work. I'm only on call 4 days a month...But I did my first night last night and then again tonight. I still love the job, and feel so incredibly blessed to have been able to find a job that allows me to be a full time mom, and not have to worry about keeping my nursing license. And get out of the house occasionally, kid free!
Let's be honest here, you need that as a mom, even if it is only to go to work ;)
I've started working out again, it feels oh so good! I actually started about 2 weeks ago, but then I went to my 6 week post-partum appointment and my doctor informed me that I wasn't supposed to be and should wait another week still because I still haven't "healed" ugh...I kind of ignored her, kind of listened. I'm still working out but trying to go a little easy. To get back into the swing of running I signed up for a 10k on Septemeber 7th so I have started running again. All I've done so far is 2 miles. But I'll tell ya, running with a 35 pound stroller, a 10 pound baby, and a 22 pound baby...is tough! That's a lot of extra weight! But I won't have all that extra weight at the race so it's just good training now I suppose!
Aside from kids, running a household, and starting work I'm not up to a lot. That basically occupies all my time :) I am planning Jake's work Summer BBQ next week that I am really excited for, then also getting ready for Macie's blessing on Septemeber 1st. I started to plan Emery's 2nd birthday party too. (What the heck!?!) It still makes me a little emotional though so I can't think about it too much...breastfeeding hormones for me are WAY worse than pregnancy hormones. Everything makes me cry...literally.
Jake: Work, work, work, work, work.
I could write that and it would pretty much sum up an update on Jake ;)
haha. Work has been SO busy for him this summer. He is averaging about 60 hours a week we figure. Even on his days that he takes "off" he spends at least 3-4 hours working on his laptop, sending e-mails and drawings here and there, answering phone calls, etc...But it's good. Busy means lots of jobs which means job security! Which I love. He is down to only 2 1/2 years until he gets his Professional Engineering License. Another thing I am thrilled about. He has really been excelling at his job and become a key employee for their company. It's been wonderful to see him do so well and go from the "new guy" to an engineer that they need to get the job done right. Makes a proud wifey.
And since the only other person besides my Grandma who reads this blog is Jake. Here comes the phone call scolding me for bragging about him and how blah blah blah isn't true.
Well folks it is true. And I'm all about documenting so I'm documenting it!
Well folks it is true. And I'm all about documenting so I'm documenting it!
Amid all working he is really good at coming home at night and the weekends and being HOME. (While I typed that he pulled out a stack of drawings to review for work..haha! But hey I'm blogging so who cares. We're still watching America's Got Talent together!) And being 100% dad while he is there. Emery can't wait for him to come home, and Macie smiles the most at him. Looks like he has 2 Daddy's girls now ;) They both have him wrapped around their fingers.
Jake is also in the Young Men's in our new ward with the Deacons. He missed Scout Camp since they went the week after Macie was born. It just wasn't feasible for him to take 2 weeks off work in a row and to leave for a week to no cell service with Macie so new. He was bummed, but there's always next year. And truthfully I don't think there is a shortage of camp outs when it comes to the scouts! :)
Emery: Ahhhh Emery. Emery. Emery. Emery. Man I love that girl. She has developed the funniest personality! She is constantly cracking us up with her latest saying she has picked up, or some other thing she has started doing. She definitely keeps us laughing all the time.
She keeps us on our toes...this girl is a tornado. She is in the thick of terrible two's and we still have a month and a half before we hit them. She is chuck full of attitude. Sometimes I'm convinced it's her 16th birthday coming up not her 2nd. Sometimes I get uber frustrated with her and we make many trips back and forth to time out. But I remind myself it isn't because she is a bad kid...it's that she isn't even 2 years old, has a little sister "stealing" her stuff and attention that was once all hers. And it's normal behavior for a kid her age anyway. So we try to be patient. Even when she tests our patience. I read something the other day that I've really tried to remember and think about when she is acting out,
"Sometimes kids who need the most love, ask for it in the most unloving ways"
So when she is acting out, and getting me frustrated I'm trying to sit down and just have some 1 on 1 time with her for a couple minutes. Her eyes instantly light up and she gets so excited. So I am really trying to get down and play with her more once Macie is down and asleep instead of using that time to catch up on cleaning.
The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
For children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.
She has become the best big sister. She is constantly kissing and loving Macie. Always wanting to help with everything she needs. When Macie cries, she runs to find her "nom nom" (binki) and give it to her, she took one of her blankets from when she was a baby and gave to Macie to be Macie's "mi-mi" (What Emery calls her blankie that she loves), and will even share HER mi-mi with Macie, which is big. She has started carrying around 2 sippy cups lately. One is "Emmy's Na" (She calls drinks Na, no idea why, just always has) and one is "Mayshee Na". I have to explain often that Macie doesn't drink out of one of those, but she still has to carry it around, just in case I guess. In the mornings she always tells me to put "Mayshee nigh-nigh" in her bed. So they lay there and cuddle. One thing she has start the last week or so is that she wants to hold Macie a lot. When I finish feeding Macie, or if I am just holding her she comes and sits on the couch and says "me, me, me!" Until I let her hold Macie. She will just sit there and watch TV and hold Macie. It's the sweetest. Hence all the holding and kissing Macie pictures. Yesterday when Macie had the stomach flu I fed her and then Emery wanted to hold her, so I put Macie on her lap. Not even 30 seconds later Macie just started throwing up all. over. her. Like so much. Emery didn't care one bit. She just "uh-oh mama uh-oh" I just cleaned her up and she ran away to play again. I guess Emery can hold that over Macie someday ;) haha.
That about sums up all that is going on with us. I'm sure as I lay in bed tonight I'll think of some silly thing that I wanted to write that I forgot, but I'll just have to add it later.
We are loving every second of our perfectly, imperfect, crazy, lovely life.



















No comments:
Post a Comment