Thursday, August 8, 2013

Macie is One Month




I can't believe it has been one full month since this little angel joined our family, but it has. And what a wonderful one it has been. Why is it that once these babies come time just starts flying by. I wish I could just stop and start time as I please. I wish I could keep these little angels little for just a little bit longer. 

But alas, I cannot. 

So that means it's time for a one month update on our sweet Macie. 

This little girl is the sweetest baby you'll ever meet. And so much like her sister in so many ways. We don't really think they look too much alike. Now and then Macie will make a face or something that she looks so much like Emery, but aside from that she definitely has her own "look". We can't even really see any of ourselves in her...But I guess time will tell! She is a gorgeous little baby, we are obsessed with her curly, dark hair, and baby blue eyes. Who knows if either of those will stay that color, but regardless she is beautiful. One funny thing that happened the other day while we were shopping. We were pushing Emery in the double stroller and I was holding Macie and a lady came up to us and says, "Let me guess, twins!". At first I thought maybe she was kidding...but then I realized she was being serious. She really wanted to know if they were twins...So I just said, "Nope, just sisters...". Then she proceeded to tell us about her new grand sons that were twins, but they didn't look alike either...I was laughing so hard! I realize not all twins look a like, but come on! They at least LOOK the same age! Not an almost 2 year old and a newborn! ha ha!



She loves to stand. Just like her older sister. Most would say this isn't something you would be able to tell about a one month old..because all they do is sleep right? And they can't stand. Welp. Not our one month olds. She wants to be held in a position that allows her to stand up. Looks like we'll be pulling that exersaucer back out in a couple months! We've got another little girl with strong legs and I love it. 

As much as she likes to stand, she also loves to cuddle. When it is time to cuddle, she just curls up into a teeny tiny ball and lets you cuddle and hold her as much as you want.



Most of the time she wants to be held. Now and then she'll holler a little bit to be laid down by herself. Emery was like that too, but it wasn't a big deal because I didnt have another kid to take care of! But now that I do it is hard to have both hands taken and still get the other things done. We'll be getting out the wrap or carrier during the days from now on ;)

She has a very active tongue! She is always sticking her tongue out at every one.



She seems to have a little bit of a sensitive stomach. I've stopped eating any dairy and that seems to have helped her a little bit. Her belly button has healed up completely. That has been amazing. As soon as she started feeling better she went back to the happy little baby we brought home! 

She has smiled from the day she was born. But I'm pretty sure they were gas smiles ;) She has started to actually try smiling AT us lately. It's the sweetest. I love those first smiles.



Like her older sister as well, she has a super strong neck. Both were able to hold their heads up the day they were born. Macie loves to be held up high on your shoulder so she can just hold her head up and look around at everything going on.



She doesn't love tummy time. Like I said she already has such a strong neck that I don't stress about it at all. But we do try to get her a least a little tummy time every day. She tolerates it for a few minutes, but gets sick of it pretty quick usually.


Didn't like her baths at all the first time. But she has now decided that maybe they actually aren't so bad. And actually seems to enjoy them now! Emery never liked them when she was an infant so it's nice that she does.

We are working on getting her to love that pacifier. She doesn't like it so much right now. But I can get her to take it now and then. I just hope that she learns to love it. Because I love those things.


Her sleeping is...up and down. She went through the normal sleep all day and all night wake up every 3 hours on the dot to eat phase that they all go through. Then she moved on to some long stretches, the only problem is those longer stretches of sleeping without waking up to eat are usually from like 5-6 at night to 11-12 at night...So really they don't help at all :) Just make it so that I don't actually get to bed until after midnight most nights. For about the first 2 weeks at least there was not one night we got in bed before midnight. Last night she did do a stretch for 5 hours from midnight to 5:00 am. That was soooo nice. I was so glad because I was beginning to get a little crazy from exhaustion. I have been able to take 1 nap during the day since she was born (since Jake went back to work and wasn't home during the day). So the endless no sleep was getting exhausting. I was never this tired with Emery. I never really felt that complete exhaustion with Emery. People always told me to sleep while I could, blah blah blah. And she got up at night and did all of that, but with only her I would take a nap when she did sometimes. But now when I can't sleep when Macie sleeps and Macie has decided that sleep is over rated during the day...that has resulted in some major exhaustion over here. And maybe a few exhaustion induced break downs. Luckily I have a super patient husband who listens to my rants and tries to help and a very forgiving 22 month old that forgives her exhausted mama for losing her patience too easily sometimes. Macie is out of the newborn sleep all the time she has decided, but unfortunately her body is still screaming for it. This results in a lot of rocking her sleep over and over trying to get her to take a nap, and her doing everything possible to not fall asleep. 

Sounds like an older sister of hers. 
These two will be two peas in a pod. 

Aside from the occasional longer stretches, usually once a day of about 5-6 hours, she is still nursing every 3 hours on the dot. I told Jake the other day I swear she has a timer that goes off because it will literally be to the minute.

Overall I would say Macie is a very good baby, we have been really lucky to have 2 easy babies now. So far the first one went from an easy baby to a tornado so we'll see if Macie does the same. 
2 tornados. I can hardly wait ;)
Truthfully I wouldn't have it any other way. They keep me on my toes and running from sun up to sun down, but I love it. 
I am so grateful for this opportunity that Heavenly Father has given me to be their mommy and I wouldn't trade it for anything. It is an incredibly humbling thing each time you become a mom. I am so grateful for both of my little girls. And my incredible husband that I wouldn't be able to function without. He is my other half. 

Little Mace we are so happy that you joined our family. We love you oh so much. I can't even remember what it was like before you, and would never wish to go back. You filled a hole in our lives that we didn't know we even had, but I'm glad we don't have it any more. 

We love you Macie baby ;) 


No comments: