It's finally finished! It's been about 95% done for a few months now, but there were just a couple small things (pictures into frames....) that I have needed to get done for a while. But it is now officially all done. I had so much fun with this project! I have fallen in love with nautical themes and I knew I wanted to incorporate that into his nursery. And I love how it turned out.
So welcome to Harley's Nursery....
I made these curtains. I am SO mad that they don't come all the way to the floor but it's my fault for hurrying too fast! I measured and knew I needed 111" curtains but needed 10" for hems. So I needed to cut at 121". Well in my rush, and kids running every where I cut them at 111" instead...so they are too short. But I'm over it now. I love the pop of red in the room. After I hung them though I needed a way to pull them back. So I came up with these Monkey Knot pull backs. I showed Jake what I wanted, bought the rope and he went to work and made them for me! I love how they turned out.
I love this wall. I really wanted a striped wall and Jake did awesome on this! I also wanted 2 oars above the crib. I looked and looked and could NOT find what I wanted, with a price tag that I wanted...SO again my amazingly talented husband went to work! He made me these two oars and I seriously love them. He is so awesome. I should just saw right now, this room would not have happened without him!
The bedding was my first project of the nursery. I looked online and couldn't find any bedding that I loved. And most stores aren't selling bumper pads anymore but I am a huge believer in bumper pads. So I decided to make my own. A sweet lady in my parents ward, that I grew up in, is an amazing seamstress and she offered to help me out. I cannot thank her enough! She let me sew everything, but helped me learn how to measure, cut, everything. She is awesome. And I love how it turned out.
More Jake projects! The sign on the left Jake put all the wood together for me and I painted and used my Silhouette to cut out the vinyl. We needed some where to store our every growing library and he made some easy access shelves for me. I love these shelves! He cut out the h for me, and made the coat rack. I made the Alphabet and Number printables above.
I love the things on this shelf because they all have a little bit of meaning. The sand dollar on the left my mom and dad brought back for us from their trip to San Francisco this past summer. The lighthouse is one that I bought at Sea World when I was in College. Jake made this Monkey Knot as well. The Sand and Shells in the jar are from our honeymoon in Florida!
Jake made the frame on the bottom left that I filled with a little pennant banner. And I also made the anchor sign. White frames are from Ikea, black and mirror frame are both from Wal-Mart. I had plans to make that exact mirror, but while I was at the store buying supplies to make it, I found one that was cheaper than making it! So I bought it. I also made the changing pad cover, it's a super soft chevron minky. I also made the basket covers with leftover fabric from the crib skirt.
I am so happy with how this room turned out. It is probably my favorite room in the house now!
Thanks Jake for all of your help!













2 comments:
So cute! I love it! Where did you find a stencil for the anchor? Or did you freehand it? I still need to sew the quilt and bed skirt. I'm just going to buy one of those mesh bumpers because I'm too lazy to make one. ;)
beautiful! It all turned out so well! I love the red curtains too, and the knots Jake made.
Post a Comment