We had a pretty low key weekend. This was my first weekend back at "work". I was on call all weekend. Friday evening we went to the Homecoming Parade. These girls love parades. They are really getting the hang of the waving and candy gathering. We always leave with SO MUCH candy!! They forget about it the minute the parade is over though, which is nice. Jake ends up taking it to work and putting in his candy jar. Which I am glad for...if it sits around here all day I'll eat it! After the parade we went on a walk and had dinner at a local burger place. Maybe walking to the restaurant counter acted my fries and shake?? Yes?? dang it.
Saturday morning I had 2 visits for work. I got home about 10:30 that morning. Some of our good friends invited us to go on a Ranger ride. I was so excited. The kids had a blast. The leaves are all starting to change and it is getting so pretty up in the mountains around here. I absolutely love living in the Rockies with all of these mountains to take advantage of. Utah is so gorgeous.
This weekend was also the Ogden Temple Rededication. Unfortunately I couldn't go though ;( I was so bummed! I didn't dare go while I was on call though. Where the temple becomes an extension of the temple, I didn't feel like it was right to have my phone on and to leave to answer it if it rang. They lock the doors as soon as it starts so if my phone were to ring I wouldn't be able to get back in. Also with the kids we would have had to split up and only one of us go at the time so someone could watch the kids. So we just decided that we wouldn't be able to go. I did end up getting one call on Sunday that I had to go to that came right as the first session started and I got home right as the second session started. So it ended up being a good idea that we didn't. But I have been to 2 dedications already so I know what a wonderful experience they are. We are so blessed to live so close to the temple. Even though while the Ogden temple was closed we still had 4 temples within an hour drive...and about 8 within 2 hours. It still was so hard to get to go sometimes! Truthfully it wasn't the distance...but the distance combined with the kids! But we are so excited to have one within a short 30 minute drive that will make it a lot easier to leave the kids with a babysitter for a temple date. It is such a gorgeous temple I am really excited to be able to go back in. Emery asks me almost every day to go to the temple. She loved it there. I look forward to the day she can start going to do baptisms and be able to go back to the temple!
Happy Weekend Everyone!














No comments:
Post a Comment