It was so windy yesterday.
SO windy.
Up until yesterday we only had a few leaves in our yard, not enough to spend the time raking them.
But after (technically during) all the wind yesterday we had more than enough.
So Emery and I got to work.
I didn't get far before I had a pretty decent pile. Good enough for a 1 year old at least.
She jumped in, threw leaves around, crawled out and started over.
Then she decided to help me rake.
I think we may need to get her a smaller rake :) I'm kicking myself for not buying one I saw at the store the other day, but I didn't think she would have any interest in it.
But apparently that beautiful fall weather was short lived, but this morning Emery woke up to this.
She obviously doesn't remember last winter, and really I don't think we ever even got snow last winter! But this stuff was all new to her! She stood on the porch for a while before she decided to venture down the sidewalk.
Testing it out, and getting snowed on.
It didn't take long before she realized that the sidewalk was cold and wet! That combined with the fact she had only been awake for 5 minutes ( it takes her a good 20 minutes at least to wake up in the mornings) and she had a minor meltdown. She walks that sidewalk 100 times every day and has never had that problem before!
She had to stop and check out the sidewalk one more time...
But she still wasn't happy about it.
So we came inside and changed into dry clothes, ate some breakfast, and played with toys.
I am so glad I finally got that picture on the right. She started doing that a few weeks ago when she loses a toy or someone walks out of the room or anything where she "doesn't know" what happened. It cracks me up. She'll also do it if you just say "Where did it go?"
We don't have much, and even though it is still snowing I doubt it'll still be here by tomorrow...thank goodness. I'm not ready for winter! Let's at least get through Halloween! I still have winter shopping to do for Emery anyway...She is obviously going to need snow boots see as she doesn't handle cold and wet feet very well :)
















1 comment:
Wasn't the weather crazy?? Cute pictures and adorable girl :)
Post a Comment