In spite of Jake (and possible some of my) very best efforts, I hate to admit that so far this girl here is 100% girl through and through. Probably the result of her Aunt Shayli's best efforts (the gifter of this little number below) She is all about everything "pe-ey" (pretty). Every trip to the mall when we walk past the store with all the prom dresses she runs to window and just stares. "Pe-ey mama pe-ey"
This particular outfit came out of the result of a stubborn girl. I had her in her usual cute shirt and leggings. Well I was unpacking the boxes in her room and came across this skirt. She promptly started pulling off her leggings. She got pretty grumpy about it when she couldn't get them off so I helped her. Then she proceeded to try and dress herself in this skirt. Once again she required some help. The rest of the day this was outfit. To the bank...to the post office...you know how it goes. She found some sunglasses I had unpacked as well and wore them around the house for a little while. She didn't take those to run errands though. I know for a fact this is only the beginning of many outfits along this line.
I am really excited to get her in a dance class and stuff soon. I may have been really into sports, camping, and all that, but something that most people don't know is that my real love was dance. Clogging to be exact. I started when I was 3 years old and did it all the way up to my Sophomore year at BYU-Idaho when I was on their World Dance/Clog team. Some of my very best memories there and growing up are with dance. From the recitals, to nationals, to when we competed in New Orleans in the Jr. Olympics I had some pretty amazing times. I can't wait for Emery to start being able to make those memories.
So maybe an all girl won't be so bad ;) Now just to convince Jake...



1 comment:
Haha that girl! Well, they say the manliest men have girls (don't know who they is...probably a dad with a girl lol) so I guess Emery just has to balance that out :)
Post a Comment