Sunday, April 14, 2013

Emery's 1st Day of Nursery


Ok so maybe it's not as big and exciting as her first day of school, but the first day of nursery was a big deal to us. A day we've been looking forward to for quite some time now. Because, let's face it, last time we were able to sit and listen during church was, well. Before she was born. There was that one time that my parents happened to be driving past our church right as our sacrament got out and stopped by and "stole" her for us. Other than that, it's been try our very best to entertain her and keep her quiet during sacrament, and then out in the hallway for the rest. (We don't let her play in the hallway during Sacrament, she had to learn to be quiet during that, but we figured since she'll be playing in nursery during Sunday School and Relief Society than we didn't care too much about those. And let's face, expecting a baby/toddler to be quiet and good for three hours straight is 100% unrealistic)
But anyway. Nursery. 
I was excited, sad that she is growing up so fast, but excited. I figured she wouldn't have any problems whatsoever and I was right. As soon as we walked in the door she saw and bright yellow ball. She took off and didn't even stop to wave good-bye. Jake peeked in on her in after Sunday School and she was just running around having a blast. (While the other kids were sitting in a circle listening to stories...yeah that loud, crazy one full of never ending energy...she's mine) We weren't surprised at all. 
When Jake went to pick her up they were blowing bubbles. You've never seen a happier kid. She didn't even care that Jake was there to pick her up she just yells "Dada! Bubbles!" I walked up not too long after that and the whole way to car she just kept telling me over and over, "Bubbles! Bubbles!" The nursery workers (I don't know what else to call them) said she was great, no problems at all. She did try to steal all of the other kids fruit snacks during snack time. No surprise there though. 
I think it's safe to say that Emery is a fan of going to church now. And ironically enough, so are we ;) A free babysitter for 2 hours, I'll take it. 




Emery's picture she colored and brought home. 


No comments: