Friday, April 5, 2013

The Zoo

Finally! I am back in the blogging business. We got a new (much needed) computer last night so now I can finally catch up on all of these pictures! I have so many to go through...and on top of a months worth of our own pictures I have two photo shoots of other families that I need to get to as well. So it's going to take a lot of time, but I'll get there. That's what nap time is for right?! 
First up in my slew of posts to come is our trip to the zoo we took at the beginning of March. With the weather warming up, and the sun coming out, we couldn't pass up a sunny day at the zoo. We have really been wanting to take Emery, we never took her last summer mostly because she was so young we knew she wouldn't care at all. So we postponed. I'm glad we did, she really loved it. She is at the perfect age. But any way we called up some of our very favorite people ever, The Allens, and met them for a picnic and zoo day. 


After our quick picnic we headed off to the elephants first. We maybe should have saved these for last because they were Emery's favorite by far. Nothing really compared after the elephants. She was making us laugh because as soon as she saw them she recognized them from Barney (Let's Go to the Zoo epidsode!) and started singing the tune to the 'Elephant, Elephant' song. I didn't even know she knew it. So the whole rest of the time at the zoo she sang that song. And ever since, when ever she sees an elephant, she starts to sing the song. 

Next up were the monkeys and gorillas. Emery was just the size of an infant gorilla. She didn't wanna stand there too much though, it took a little coaxing from Dad. 

Pointing at the monkeys. There were some kind of monkey that they had there that were super furry and had long tails that she thought were cats. So she kept meowing at them. Once we got to the monkeys that looked more like monkeys she started making her monkey sound. It's my personal favorite of the animals sounds she makes. She says "he, he, he, ho". But the best part is the expression on her face. She puts her whole body into making that sound and I can't help but crack up every time. 


Being outside, on a sunny day, with animals all around, and hanging out with Daddy. For this girl, a day does not get any better. 


The giraffes. To Emery these resembled horses. haha. So these got "neighs" from her. 

Super close up...sorry! (Thanks Chance! ;) haha)


I love Kate's face in this one so I had to post it. Such a cutie.


Never could figure out what Emery and Kate were looking at, but they both found something very interesting in the same place. 

After we finished at the zoo we went to a park just across the street. Emery was so happy to just be able to run. She gets sick of being carried and wants to walk, but she always runs away so we can't let her! The park is the perfect solution. 

Doing her 'stink bug' crawl. I have no idea why she does this but every so often she whips it out for everyone's entertainment. 






Trying to tell Kate something, who knows what. Kate sure thought it was funny though whatever it was. 

ahhh kisses ;)

After a little bit longer at the park Emery and Kate were beat! So we headed home. Emery fell asleep in the car, she was so tired from all the sunshine and running. It was such a fun day. Thanks Allens! Can't wait until next time!

The next day was Stake Conference for us. We went up to my parents church and went with my Dad and brother. (My Mom and Shayli were in California, so it was just us). Emery did the funniest thing though that I have to share. For some reason Emery has issues with a few things...the first one is bare feet. She doesn't like any one to be without shoes. Jake and I have both started having to always wear slippers in the house because she will bring you shoes if you don't have any on. The second thing is people sleeping...if you fall asleep on the couch, or anywhere she is around, be prepared to be woken up. Well at Stake Conference one of my parent's neighbors was sitting behind us and he fell asleep. Emery spotted him and yells, "Oh No!!" She has done this before but usually she is sitting on my lap so I can quiet her down before she makes a scene. This time though she had walked down the row so I couldn't get to her. So she yells, "Oh no!" about 3 times until every one is looking at where she pointing. His wife was laughing and woke him up. Emery was satisfied and came back. We couldn't stop laughing. 

After dinner Emery talked "papa" and "dada" into setting up the trampoline for her. She even helped. 




She was a big fan. She thought that was the funnest thing she'd done all day. She screamed and screamed when we brought her in. Big shocker I know. She screams every time we bring her in the house from outside. Little stinker. 

All in all it was a perfect weekend! 

1 comment:

Anna said...

Love all these pictures!! My favorite it where Kate and Emery are looking the same way haha!