Saturday, April 13, 2013

Haley's Shower


Today we had a bridal shower for my new (almost) sister-in-law Haley. Just 2 more weeks until the wedding! Can't believe my little brother is old enough to get married...I'm pretty sure he is still 16 and in high school...at least that's how I feel like it should be! But it's not. If he is old enough to get married we are sure glad it's to Haley, because we love her! As someone who was, let's say, "less than happily welcomed", by their in-law family, I wanted to have a fun shower to make Haley feel welcome in our family, because we love her! And let's face it, I know it really sucks when you aren't. We can't wait for her to officially join our family!
I originally had a big shower planned, lots of food, ya know how it goes. But a lot of people couldn't come. So we decided to just go to lunch instead. I still made some Strawberry Sugar Scrub favors and we did a couple games while we were waiting for our food.
We went to Taggarts for lunch, of course, it's so good. Haley got lots of gifts for her new kitchen! She's going to be busy cooking ;) I got her a recipe binder. With everyone's invitations I sent them a recipe card to fill out and either mail back to me if they couldn't make it, or bring with their gift if they could. Then we filled up her binder with everyone's favorite recipes! 
Unfortunately I'm lame and didn't get a picture of everyone...oh well though. We had my Aunt Terry Lynn, my Aunt Kim, my cousin Emily, friends Teresa, and Gaylene, and of course Haley, her mom, and my mom.  It was really fun and thanks so much to every one who made the time to come! We really appreciate it! ;)






1 comment:

The Hamblin's said...

It was fun to read through your last few posts and catch up a little! I have to say... I don't know who wouldn't happily accept you into their family... they are CRAZY and don't know how lucky they are to have you... you always remember that :) I'm excited to see pics of your newest addition :)