Monday, September 16, 2013

Grandma's 75th Birthday

August 28th my grandma celebrated her 75th birthday! Can you believe it? She isn't even gray yet ;) Doesn't look a day over 50! :) But this past weekend we had a big birthday party for her with all of the family and invited some of her friends. We had ALL of our family together. I'm talking every. single. member of the Kilmer family was there except for one missionary! My uncle who lives in Panama flew in for the first time in 4 years, and my cousins from California came. So we were all together. I think my grandma thought that alone was enough of a birthday present!
So while we were together it was of course the perfect time to take some family pictures!

The original's ;) 
My Dad, his 3 brothers, and 1 sister. 

Kids with their spouses. 

All 13 of the grand kids (missing the 14th, he is on a mission), plus the spouses of 3 of us, Janice, Jake, and Haley. And the 2 great-grand kids Emery and Macie.


Macie with Great-Grandma and Grandpa

We are the only 4 generation family within the family. 

Grandma and Grandpa
Married 52 years next month!



Shayli matched Macie and Emery (unplanned, but happens quite often...) So she wanted a picture. 


Since everyone was dressed up already and we were taking pictures some people wanted a little improtu photo shoot of their own. 







After a big family dinner, and pictures we went back to get that party started! Instead of everyone getting her individual presents we did one big family present, and boy oh boy did it turn out good. 
As part of her card each of the grand kids wrote her a letter about what she has taught them, the example she has been, and everything else. She is one amazing woman so it was nice to have that opportunity to thank her, but hard for me to put those feeling onto paper. She means more to me that I could ever express with pen and paper. 


This was the family present. My Aunt Karen is an exceptional seamstress...like for real. So each couple and then individual grand kid got their own square and we decorated it in a way that represented us. It turned out so beautiful. Karen truly did an amazing job on it. 


Emery and Macie's squares. I did Emery's hand prints and Macie's foot prints. 

The cake that I made for her. White Chocolate Raspberry. It is my very favorite, so I figured it would be a good choice. I actually made it for her brithday about 3 years ago and she liked it then, so I made it again. 







Karen and I taking pictures of each other ;) haha



Happy Birthday Grandma! We here at the Welker household think the absolute world of you. I have had a special place in my heart for you my entire life. And as I've grown and my life has evolved you've been there every step of the way. You welcomed Jake into our family like her was your own son, or grandson, leaving a special place in his heart for you. And as each of our own kids have come into the family the love has just grown. Emery loves her "mama" so much and I feel so blessed for her to be able to know, love, and spend so much time with her Great-Grandma. 
We love you!

No comments: