Monday, September 2, 2013

Macie's Blessing Day


 Today was our sweet Macie's blessing day. And it went absolutely perfectly. Macie very rarely cries. She is honestly the best baby you could ask for, and she didn't disappoint today! I am always worried that they'll get up there with the baby in their arms, put the microphone up and my baby will start screaming through the whole thing....haha. She was asleep when Jake took her up but she woke up during the blessing. Jake said that she woke up and started stretching and trying to roll over and almost rolled out of their hands. My brother Colton hurry and grabbed her and saved her from a catastrophe! The blessing was perfect.
One of the many highlights of the day was during sacrament meeting. The guy saying the opening prayer was a elderly gentleman, and let's face it. Some times those guys can get a little long winded in their prayers. Well after a while of him going on Emery turns around to my mom and says "He no say amen". haha! That girl cracks me up. She folds her arms and is usually pretty patient and good during prayers, but she was sure this guy was just going to go on and on ;)
Afterwards we had a luncheon at our house for all of our family and friends. Thanks to everyone to came out and supported us! Macie has so many people who love her ;) Here are some pictures of the day.
The Dress:







The star of the show: 
I loved Macie's dress. I originally thought I'd just use Emery's blessing dress. But after thinking about it a little while I decided that I wanted them each to have their own. You never know if they'll want to keep it and use it for their girls or something. I loved Emery's dress too, and I think it fit Emery perfectly. It was poofy, sparkly, and all things that I know now, Emery loves. But for Macie I wanted something simpler. Just ruffles. So this dress turned out perfectly. A girl that I went to high school with made it for me, and I love it! It fit what I think Macie's personality is going to be, absolutely perfectly. 
Plus, she looked absolutely adorable in it. 
She also wore the same bracelet that Emery wore at her blessing. I made the bracelet for Emery's blessing. I think I'll use that for all my girls, and I get to keep it ;) 








 The food (aka the desserts ;)):

Key Lime Trifle

Chocolate Brownie Trifle (this was made by my sister-in-law, it was so good) and White Chocolate Cranberry cookies


Chocolate covered strawberries and Oreos.



 The guests:







My big strong girl ;) She will be 2 months old a week from today! I can't even believe it. She is just growing so fast. We love this girl so much. 


And it ended with a beautiful Morgan sunset.
What a perfect day today was! Thank you to everyone who came out today! We sure love you all. 

No comments: