One of the things I was most excited for with having a girl was to put her in dance, tumbling, and all things girl. I was a big time dancer my whole life and I couldn't wait to get Emery in! She can't start dance for another couple years, but the dance studio here has a Mom and Tot tumbling class. I got the flyer for it last year, but they have to be at least 18 months so I have been anxiously waiting until this year for her to be able to start! And today was finally the day!
I registered her a few weeks ago, but the teacher didn't tell me until about 2 hours before class started that it was today...haha. So we were not prepared at all! So in place of a leotard this week we did a cute onesie ;) It worked just fine. We got her shoes ordered at class though and they should be here in a week or so!
Emery was in a 'I refuse to look at the camera' kind of mood.
So sorry for the lack of good pictures. haha!
Emery LOVED it. She had so much fun. Yvonne (her teacher) had different stations set up for them. The trampoline, the balance beam, back somersaults, and a few other things. She just bopped from one thing to the next, where ever we told her to go. She was loving it. I am really glad we decided to put her in it. I think it is really going to help her learn to focus and listen. She usually is pretty good at listening, but she is so hyper that she usually won't sit down and do one thing for more than 2 minutes. So I think it is going to be really good for her. I'm a HUGE advocate of all extracurricular activities. I was involved in SO many things growing up and was allowed to make the choices with what I wanted to stick with as I got older, and Jake and I really want to do the same thing for our kids. I think these activities teach kids so much about character, sharing, taking turns, and so much more.
I'm so glad she liked it and we can keep with it!






No comments:
Post a Comment