Thursday, September 12, 2013

Macie 2 Months

Macie Ann
11 lbs 8 oz- 70th percentile
21 5/8"- 20th percentile

Time just keeps flying by faster and faster and this little doll turned 2 months old on Sunday. I can't even believe it. And she just gets sweeter and sweeter. She was a good baby the day she was born, but I didn't know that it would actually last! And just get better! Here are some things about Macie at 2 months.


-She is pretty much sleeping through the night. It is a.m.a.z.i.n.g. She started at 5 weeks too. SO great. She goes to bed about 7:30 and wakes up between about 4:30-5:30 to eat then goes back to sleep for a couple hours. If she eats at 4:30 she's been waking up at 6:30, if she eats at 5:30 she wakes up at 7:30. Last night though she slept from 7:30-7:30! 12 hours straight. Love it!

-She can roll from her tummy to her back. The first time she did it she was sound asleep and swaddled...I am still not sure how she managed it. She even showed it off for the doctor at her 2 month appointment. He was very impressed with her neck strength, and her rolling over. He says she is developmentally at 4 month milestones.

-She is pretty much out of newborn clothes, there are about 3 onesies that still fit her but they are getting tight. Probably only for another week or so. Other than that she is in 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers.

-Her eyes are still blue right now...we'll see what they do in the coming months! They are lightening up though, so I think they are going to stay blue. Her hair is still really dark too, it's looking like it might lighten up like Emery's did, but again, we'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if Emery's hair goes back dark again in coming years. And her hair is still curly, another trait that I hope stays as well.

-While Macie is a great sleeper at night, she is not a great napper. Just like Emery. She will just take cat naps all day long...it makes me nutso sometimes. Now and then I can get a good afternoon nap or morning nap out of her, but very rarely both. Sometimes she'll do an entire day of catnaps...we're talking like 16 10-20 minute naps! AHHH. I don't like those days so much. But I really can't complain because the other 99% of the time she is a dream baby. She is very rarely fussy, and if she is, there is a reason and it's easily solved.

-She love, love, loves tummy time. Most times when I put her on the floor or our ottoman I just put her on her tummy because she loves it. Sometimes when I pick her up out of it, she will scream, haha. It's made for some strong neck muscles though! She lifts and holds her head like a champ! It's probably why she is barely turning 2 months and already sits in the Bumbo.


-She has gotten very responsive lately. She recognizes me, Jake, and Emery's voices. Whenever one of us talks to her she gets very smiley and happy. She especially loves when Emery comes and talks and plays with her. As long as she is gentle...haha. Sometimes she forgets to be extra careful ;) So far no big accidents though. Although I did walk in to Emery feeding Macie lotion today...that was awesome. Macie didn't even care, she must've liked it I guess. Sisters.

-She does not like to sleep on her back, and is okay being swaddled, but if we let her sleep on her stomach we don't swaddle her and she is okay with that. Both of my kids have been big time tummy sleepers, I never let Emery, I was WAY too paranoid. But I let Macie sleep on her stomach a lot. She sleeps so much better. She is so strong and able to lift her head so well, I don't worry too much. (Okay let's be honest...yes I do...But I worry on her back too so either way I'm worrying)

-She loves to be outside. On the rare occasion that she is fussy, we can take her outside and she calms right down and just looks around at the world. That's another trait that is just like her big sister.

-She has gotten to be quite the little jabber box. She loves to just sit on the floor, in her swing, in the bumbo, in her carseat, whatever, and just jabber. I love those baby noises.

-As of now the most common nicknames for Macie, are Mesh, Meshie, Mayshee, and Mace. Those seem weird now after typing them out...haha. But they make complete sense to us....! All are derived from names Emery called her leading up to Emery now actually saying her name right! So she can thank her big sister for her nicknames ;)

-I would say right now her favorite person is Daddy. She has been a BIGTIME daddy's girl from day 1. And he's pretty obsessed too. While Emery still gets so excited about all things Daddy and he is still wrapped around her finger as well, she has definitely become my best buddy. She my little best friend that wants to do EVERYTHING that mommy is doing. I love the mix of Daddy's girl, but wanting to be just like mom that she has, and that I'm sure Macie will too. I love have two baby girls! I am already looking forward to girls vacations and shopping trips galore! We do need at least one boy to leave home with Dad to keep him company hunting or something though ;) For now though, we are enjoying this girlie household we so dearly love!
Happy 2 months baby girl!

Left: at 1 month sitting up with the assistance of a blanket
 Right: at 2 months no assistance at all, just leaning again the chair. 

No comments: