Well not anymore..but it was! On Saturday (the 28th!) Sunniest day of the year I tell ya. But that little phrase in the title is what Emery tells me pretty much every. single. day. She thinks every day is her birthday, and I have to explain to her that it is not her birthday yet...It is pretty sad when I would have to say, first it's mom's, then Macie's, then baby brother's, then Dad's, then grandma's, then grandpa's, THEN IT'S YOURS!
She is rarely amused.
But anyway. Back to my birthday celebrations. I seriously am in love with birthday's. I think they are the best days of the year, as you'll notice I pretty much make a pretty big deal out of all of my family's birthday. Oh well, I love them. I was actually pretty bummed when I saw that I would be on call for work on mine! But as an adult I didn't feel it right to try to get it off (ha!). So I dealt with it. It actually turned out working out fine too. I did one visit early before we did anything, and a second while the girls napped. So it was just fine.
So early Saturday morning I headed down and did a quick dressing change, and Jake headed to the Warriors of the Wasatch Utah Air Show at Hill AFB. I was super excited! They haven't done the air show the past few years because of Air Force budget cuts. And I hadn't been a few years before that since I wasn't living in Northern Utah, so I was super excited. I knew Emery would love it, because she loves planes, and of course Jake would love it. So we went! We had a lot of fun, and of course the Thunderbirds didn't disappoint! Of course that is everyone's favorite but something else that they did that was super neat that I hadn't seen before was an F-16 attack simulation. Hill mostly only does F-16s, so we see them flying A LOT. Emery loves to watch them, Macie screams because they scare her because they are so loud. But the attack simulation was really neat. They were flying super low and dropping "bombs" (I have no idea what they really were but they really looked like bombs, black smoke and everything, there is picture below so just keep scrolling) At first we thought a plane had crashed when we saw it! Then we caught on. Anyway, it was really neat. Emery got pretty good at covering her ears. The Thunderbirds weren't too loud even though they are F-16s too, but the regular F-16s that the base actually flies and uses that aren't for entertainment, were just as loud as usual, except we were closer to them so it was worse. We tried to cover Macie's ears as much as she would let us. But Emery was more than okay with doing her own.
Macie rarely took her eyes off the sky. She would point at all the planes and try to grab at them.
On the left is the F-16 attack simulation, on the right are the Thunderbirds.
More F-16 attack simulation
The "bomb" they dropped. Pretty cool. (When it isn't real...)
More Thunderbirds.
After we were done at the airshow we went out for a birthday lunch instead of dinner. That days pregnancy craving was Olive Garden Salad and Breadsticks, so that is where we went! And it was delicious. It's was Macie's first Olive Garden experience and she was a fan. She ate Emery's Macaroni, breadsticks and salad. That girl can EAT I tell ya. After that we went and did some birthday shopping for Macie! I can't believe she is 1 next week! Then Jake headed home to lay the girls down and make a birthday cake, and I went and did my last visit.
Macie woke up from her nap right as Jake was finishing frosting the cake. He let her in on a little of the yumminess of frosting. It was quite a battle to get her to finally stop. Jake made me a delicious Orange Cream Cake (from scratch!). He did a really good job. Everyone loved it.
We took the cake and headed up to my mom and dads for a birthday dinner with everyone. We roasted hot dogs, ate cake, and play T-ball. I have been wanting to get this set for Emery for months and months, so I finally did it on Saturday. So we of course had to take it to have papa teach her the ropes. She had a blast. Although I'm still not convinced this girl is gonna follow in her momma and grandpa's softball loving footsteps. The older she gets the more I'm convinced she's going to be a runner like her dad. But either way, I don't care. She has quite some time to decide!
Macie is just happy if you'll bounce her on the trampoline.
After a game or two of baseball we had some of Jake's delicious cake. This brought on probably the funniest moment of the day. So remember how I told you Emery is always convinced it is her birthday. Well this day was no exception. Especially with all the birthday talk, she kept yelling, "It's my birfday!!" Well Jake got out the cake and lit the candles and of course she kept saying that, and Jake kept telling her, "No, it's moms birthday" Well when they started singing Happy Birthday, she really thought it was her birthday. Her eyes lit up and she was smiling and so excited until they got to the end...And instead of Happy Birthday dear Emery...She heard Happy Birthday dear Kara....You've never seen a more heart broken 2 year old in the world. Her eyes dropped and she was so sad. No one could stop laughing long enough to make her feel better. Poor kid has a lot of waiting to do. And I'm afraid we'll be seeing the same scene at Macie's birthday next week. And probably all of the other family birthdays in the months before hers! Poor girl. It's a rough life being 2.
After a little while Macie was beat from the busy day and lack of good naps so we headed home to put her to bed. Overall it was an absolutely wonderful day! I was spoiled with some crafting equipment from Jake and my mom. Which really can never be a wrong gift for me ;) Jake also got my some things I needed and a gift card for some new workout shoes! I can't wait to use it, I'm waiting until post baby to go shopping for them though. Thanks to everyone for their sweet messages and cards! I love you all!




















No comments:
Post a Comment