Monday, June 23, 2014

Lately...

It's been a while since I've done a "lately" post, so I decided it was time. It seems like life never slows down, I don't feel like I stop from sun up to...well almost by the time the sun comes BACK up some days...But then again at the same time, it feels like nothing really changes...or happens...or I get anything done...who knows. But life is definitely crazy. So here is a little update on each of us....

Jake: Pretty much can just sum up Jake with...work...and we could end it there. Week before last week he worked 57 hours. Last week he cut back to 55 ;) I did have to tease him on Tuesday night when he got home and said, "So far this week I've worked 23 hours" My reply... "So far this week I've worked 72." ;) Luckily he saw my humor, because we REALLY do appreciate how hard he works. While I do have never ending hours, stay at home mom pay isn't quite enough to live on ;) haha. Seriously though, he has been working, and he never complains a bit. We sure love him. In spite of all of his working though he seems to never miss a beat with the girls though. He usually tries to clump his long days into 2 days a week if he can, and then is still home with us in the evenings the other nights. Some weeks it isn't as possible, but it works out usually. He went to scout camp 2 weeks ago at Camp Bartlett up by Bear Lake. It was about as much fun as scout camp with a bunch of obnoxious 12-13 year old boys sounds like it would be. haha! Just kidding, he had fun. I would have wrung a few of their necks, but he is much more patient with those kids than I could be. One of Jake's good friends just got back from Afghanistan last month, and will be back in Utah in a couple weeks, so he is really excited about that. He may finally have a rock climbing partner! I like going, but considering we have 2 very little kids, and I've pretty much constantly been pregnant for the past 2 years...I can't really go. So it will be nice to have him and his family living close for a while! Our other good friends, Chance and Anna Allen going to be moving up our way in 2 months too, so we are super excited to have all these Allen's living by us! We just love being with them. Jake is still in the Young Men's like I mentioned. He is getting his guns ready and tags bought to hit the hunts this fall. They didn't draw out for the Deer so it will probably just be the Elk this year. But either way, we always have so much fun. He did buy a new gun this weekend, and took it shooting yesterday. He's pretty happy anytime he gets to build up our "security system".

Kara: As much as you can sum up Jake's life with work, you can sum up mine with one word as well...Mom. But I love it. I feel like I'm over my head in Motherhood right now. But it is really good. This pregnancy has pretty much been identical to my last 2. Pretty dang easy! I'm really lucky. I have hit a new level of exhaustion this past week that I never dreamed possible. Turns out chasing an extremely hyper-active 2 year old...and a very mobile (almost) 1 year old, while 8 months pregnant, is exhausting. Some nights by 8 or 9 I can't even keep my eyes open, or move. The only thing aside from that that I have had worse this pregnancy is my Sciatica (nerve pain) Oh boy oh boy. There have been days when I literally cannot walk at all. Luckily the 2 days that it has happened have been weekends when Jake is home. But even at times when he has been gone I have had an hour or two when I couldn't walk. One night I had to crawl down the hall to put the girls to bed, because I honest truthfully couldn't walk without feeling like my leg was being cut off. But at least it isn't constant! It comes and goes, it's just more often hurting than not. I am now 34.5 weeks, 5.5 weeks left. I am so excited. I am having weekly ultrasounds and weekly non stress tests now (and for the past 3 weeks) since I have a 2 vessel cord with this baby they have to watch him a little closer. But so far everything is looking perfect! The biggest worry they have with 2 vessel cord babies is that they don't get enough nourishment and don't grow, but he was 4 lbs 13 ounces at my ultrasound today, so that is really good. For some "me time" lately I've been doing projects like crazy. It has been so fun. It helps that I have about a million to get down with trying to get the baby's room ready, and Macie's birthday party. But I love it. I don't know what I'm going to do when it's all done. I have most everything sewn for the baby's room. I still need to do a Boppy cover, curtains, and a changing pad cover. I need to go buy fabric first...I have most of the wall stuff ready to go up. We finally got the room painted this weekend and I'm in love with the color that I chose. I'm so glad we went with it. Picking paint is always so hard for me. I have a picture in my mind but I feel like once it gets up it doesn't quite look like I planned (i.e. Macie's room...and the bathroom...) But I love this color. It is also the color that I chose for our Master bedroom, so I am really excited about it. Aside from that, I'm just staying busy with these adorable girls of ours. I love being home with them all day. Even though it is so hard sometimes, I know I will miss these days some day. One of my favorite quotes right now is, "The day's are long, but the years are short" It's so true. I am trying to soak up every single minute. The good and the bad.

Emery: Oh where to begin with this girl. Honestly she is the absolute sweetest little girl in the world. It is amazing. But she can also try your patience. She pushes the limits as far as she can then flips a switch to melt you with sweetness. It's crazy. She is so busy, busy, busy. She does. not. stop. And I am not exaggerating. Like at all. Even Jake said the other night, She really never ever stops talking does she? And it's true she really doesn't. We have constant never ending conversations. She is my little best friend. We talk all day long. Her and Macie are just head over heels over each other. But they also fight a lot too. Mostly it stems from Emery not understanding that Macie is still a baby and doesn't understand what hitting, and pulling hair and all that is. So Macie thinks she is playing and pulls Emery's hair, so she screams and pushes her over, so Macie starts screaming. But in another couple months when Macie can understand that those things hurt, it will be a lot better. Because when they will just sit and play, they have so much fun. They will both be in giggle fits and it's the sweetest. They hate being apart. When Macie lays down for her morning nap Emery gets so sad. She will ask me 10 times where Macie is and if she is awake yet. And if Emery gets put in time out, Macie cries more than she does waiting for her to get out! Macie gets about about 1 1/2-2 hours before Emery in the mornings and you've never seen a bigger smile as when she finally sees Emery awake. Emery has also gotten very protective of her lately. If we are at the park she has to make sure that Macie feels included and that all the other kids are nice to her and share with her. They really are each other's best friends. I hope that it will always be like that. A benefit of having 3 kids in 3 years right?! Built in best friends. Poor baby boy is going to have a lot of little mommies ;)
Emery continues to amaze us with how smart she is. Most people when they meet her think she is a really small 3 year old. Her vocabulary is really good, she talks so well. It's because she gets so much practice ;) She is constantly learning from everything that is going on around her. Most of the time we have no idea where she picks up most of the funny things that she starts doing. Her latest is hilarious. She started calling me "Little mommy" and Jake "little daddy". Everything is "Thank you little mommy!" It makes us laugh every time. One thing she has started telling me all the time is "Mom you're a mommy and Dad is a parent!" I have no idea what that means, or where she came up with it, but it makes me laugh Although sometimes she will say, "Mom you're a dragon and Daddy is a parent." Or insert some other random animal... She has become quite the parrot lately too. We have had to really start watching what we say and what phrases we use. It only takes her hearing it once and she hears it and says it. I felt really bad a few weeks ago. It had been such a hard day, well week actually. Jake had been gone so much and it had been days without a minutes break, so I went up to my mom and dad's to get a little break. I told my mom that Emery had been being a little brat that day. Well I guess she heard me, because ever since she will tell people "I'm being a little brat" I felt terrible the first time I heard it. So I am really trying to not say anything about how she is behaving to anyone in front of her! We really are watching what we say in her presence! Obviously Jake and I need to talk about different things and situations and how to handle them, but we are learning that they need to be discussed behind closed doors now. Because honest truthfully, she is a really good kids. Does she have moments when she pushes the limits? Sure! But she is a very well behaved 2 year old, and extremely polite. I get 100 I love you moms, kisses, hugs, and can I help you's a day. Can't complain about that!
Boston and Emery at the Drive In movie

Drinking out of the sprinkler (it's clean water...don't worry)

I gave myself and Emery a pedicure last week. Pretty impressive for being 34 weeks pregnant am I right?? ;)

Macie: I do monthly updates on her...so I don't really have much to say. We just love her to death and can't believe that she is going to be one here in just a couple weeks. That just went too fast. Man are we lucky to have her!




Baby Boy: He does have a name!! Like I said he is growing great. He is a very active little guy, just like his sisters. He may even be more active, which I can't imagine someone with more energy than Emery, but we'll see if it is possible. Like usual, I am really hoping that he comes early, but not counting on it. I do not want him to come before Macie's birthday, so after I am 37 weeks I am good to go. But I am mostly just anticipating going to at least my due date or after. I would love if he came July 31st (random, just works best with our crazy schedule!) But I also wouldn't be surprised if he and Jake share a birthday! But I hope that he doesn't, I'd like to keep them all on their own special days. We have a lot of summer birthday's in this family!

No comments: