Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Photo dump

I got looking at a bunch of our pictures the other day and realized I had A LOT of pictures that didn't really have a place to go...therefore they had never been blogged about. They were just random times I took my camera out, took a picture and that was that. But usually those pictures are my favorite pictures. Because they are spontaneous and just pictures of us doing our thing. Usually my house in messy in them, or one (or neither) of the girls hair is done, or maybe we're all still in pajamas. But hey, that's real life. So here is my photo dump. Really in no particular order at all, they could've been taken last week or all the way back to March....But at least they are here. 
 A few weeks ago we had family night with our neighbors. We roasted hot dogs and smores, while the kids played and played. It was such a fun night. These two are just the sweetest. 

One of Emery's favorite breakfasts is waffles. She likes them cut into strips though so that she can dip them. They make her pretty happy ;)


A few weeks ago I was making dinner and noticed that it was really quiet. And that neither kid was pulling at my leg or begging for food. Sometimes, even though I know something messy is probably happening, I just enjoy those moments, because they are so rare. This was one of those cases. When I did walk into the living room to see what was going on I found an empty tube of Desitin and a messy toddler....

Emery loves to put Macie in her toy buckets and push her around the house. It is hilarious. I love when these two just play together. They are usually both in giggle fits. I love these sisters so much. 

This post is obviously a few months old...April...We did a little mini celebration for Emery's half birthday. Nothing big, just a half a cake and birthday song. She loves to celebrate birthdays. She asks me almost daily if it is her birthday yet...she has a long time to wait. But this mini celebration appeased her need for a birthday, at least for a little while. 





Emery's favorite thing to read at night before bed is the Friend. She will sit and look at it even though she has no idea what it's saying. I think it's so sweet. 

Macie absolutely loves to play with chalk. She has gotten much better about not eating it lately, I think she has finally figured out that it doesn't taste good. She will actually just sit on the ground and draw with it. 



Emery has recently entered one of the weirdest phases....sleeping on the floor. She will NOT sleep in her bed for the past almost 2 weeks. Some nights she will let us put her to bed in her bed, but by the time we go in before we go to bed to check on her, she is on the floor. For the first few times she would take her pillow with her, now she just sleeps on the the floor with nothing but her blanket. Twice we've actually woken up in the middle of the night and found her asleep in the living room or hallway. I have no idea why she is doing it. We don't really care, we just think it is so random! Hey as long as she sleeps, I don't care where she is doing it. Although I do prefer for her to at least stay in her room. 

Macie had to learn from an early age that Mom can't always be around to entertain you. She is very good at entertaining herself and I love it. She will go in and pull out toys and just play without making a sound. Seriously if you ever wanted to meet an angel baby, this is your gal. She is the best baby ever. My grandma and mom are always telling me that she is the perfect 2nd child. She really is, especially with a busy body like Emery around and a newborn on the way. I seriously love this girl. 


One night I gave Macie a bowl of Cheerios to eat. Of course she just dumped them on the floor and started eating them off there. And of course Emery had to jump in and help. Oh well. At least I know my floor is clean...I think....

My mom and dad got their pigs last week so we had to go see the baby pigs. They are just barely weaned so they are baby babies. That is probably one of Emery's favorite parts of summer is papa's pigs. She always wants to go and see them. We even got one this year. (just to butcher) It will stay up there and they feed it and stuff, then at the end of the year we'll pay them for the feed and then pay for it to be butchered. I'm pretty excited to have a fridge full of meat. 

One of Emery's favorite activities lately is making necklaces and bracelets with her beads. She is only allowed to do it when Macie is asleep though because she drops them and Macie hurries to pick them up and eat them!

It is absolutely impossible to load or unload the dishwasher if this one is any where nearby. She instantly climbs in. Little stinker. 

We bought the girls this playground and boy oh boy has it been put to good use. We had it set up in the basement over the winter and then once it got warm we moved it outside in the yard. They both love it. 





Macie just crawling around in her usual odd places. 

There you have it. My massive photo dump. At least now I can officially say that I am 100% caught up on blogging. For 5 days at least until Macie turns 11 months...(what?!?!) Where does the time go. I can't believe it. 

No comments: