Amanda and I ran in the BYU-Idaho Midnight 5k last night. It was pretty fun! Hard but fun. All of the signs said that it started at 11:30 but apparently that was just sign-ups. So Amanda and I showed up at 11:15 ready to sign-up and go, and it didn't start til 12. So we froze for 45 minutes! I don't know how many of you have been to Rexburg lately, but it is still FREEZING here. So to stand outside for 45 minutes in one place, at 11:30 at night is not an enjoyable experience. I was ready to go home and bag the whole running idea, but we didn't and stuck it out! Finally at Midnight we had a prayer and started the race! It started at the Stadium. We ran two laps around the stadium, then we went out of the stadium ran East up to Kirkham building and then turned and followed campus around all the way up to the temple (the temple is on a hill..it was all uphill...) then we got to the temple and ran down to 1st West and all the way back down to the other side of the Stadium then one more lap around the track and we were done! It was really good, we felt pretty good after! We ended up running it in 29 min and 33 sec. We were pretty happy with our time since this was our first 5k! There will definately be more though! We didn't get our shirts yet though which is sad, so we don't have pictures of us in them yet! Yeah for Running!
These are some pictures that we took before going over to the Stadium.
3 comments:
Kara,
Yea you were in a 5k. That is my goal this spring/summer to be in a 5k. Only I want to be in a walk/run 5k. I am training on the treadmill at the gym, but I run for awhile, then walk fast, then run and etc. I can't run it constantly. I need to look online and find one close by. They seem to be everywhere so I am sure I can find one. Anyway, good for you.
It was a lot of fun! There will be more in the future!
Heck yes Kara we are freakin amazing for running it! Oh ya I am totally loving my new shirt!
Post a Comment