I pride myself on being a pretty good cook.
I think.
I feel confident in the kitchen. I can find my way around. I mean I learned to cook from my mom, and my grandma. Two of the best cooks I know. Nothing can top the feeling when I have created something that my family loves.
I also pride myself on the fact that I've never really burnt dinner. Sure some experiments have gotten a little more brown than they probably should have. No thanks to all of the crummy apartment rental ovens I've had the privilege of cooking in...(I see a brand new gas stove/conventional double oven in my near future)
Anyway, burning. Nothing has been uneatable. I will be so upset about a burnt batch of cooking and Jake will walk in, pick one up and eat it like it's nothing. Like I said they get a little too brown. To me that equals practically charcoal. To Jake that equals perfect.
What can I say I am my mother's daughter. Nothing leaves my kitchen until it is perfect.
It's kind of an OCD problem I have. Can't help it.
So nothing shocked me more than to come home to this....
umm...yeah. Charcoal Cordon Bleu anyone?
Notice I said 'come home'. Like as I was gone running errands for FIVE hours and came home to this. Turns out when you cook Chicken Cordon Bleu for 5 hours it looks like this.
I don't recommend it.
I don't know where my brain is anymore. I lost it about a year and half ago the day I got pregnant I swear.
My pregnant baby brain just turned into baby brain.
Oh well.
Needless to say we had Subway for dinner.

2 comments:
"When you cook chicken cordon bleu for five hours it looks like this" hahaha! That was my favorite part. I will remember that :)
Haha!!! I love it!
Post a Comment