Well it has been quite a while since I have done an update on this blog and I have a mod podge of pictures that I love but don't really have a specific event to blog them in other than "days at home". So I decided an update was a the perfect place to get them all on here. So here it goes :)
As most of you know we moved to Morgan the week after I got out of the hospital. January was a whirlwind of a month...3 weeks in the hospital, 1 week packing and moving. It was nuts. While I was in the hospital though Jake was looking for jobs and applied to one at a steel design and engineering company in Farr West (just outside of North Ogden). Well he applied, then got an interview (also while I was in the hospital). So he ran Emery to my parents to babysit her while he went to his interview. Then the following week (me...still just hanging out in the hospital) he found out that he got the job! What?! We were so excited. It was perfect! Not only was it exactly the kind of engineering Jake wanted to do, it was in Utah, AND in Northern Utah where we had been wanting to move to! Being in the hospital for 3 weeks and having a 3 month old was an incredible trial. One I hope to never have happen again, and wouldn't wish on ANYONE. But Heavenly Father blessed us 100x greater by helping Jake get this job. We felt (and feel) so blessed.
So we started house hunting! We needed a place to live...We jumped on KSL and found the cutest little house right in the heart of Morgan. It is in the "city" and I am more used to living in the country part of Morgan. But let's face it. Morgan city is about the same and what a lot of people consider the "middle of nowhere" in a lot of towns :) We are just grateful to be back in Morgan, and are loving it!
Jake started his job in February we got all moved in our house and love it even more! We have learned it is SO much more work than an apartment, which we expected, and were actually excited for. We have spent so many hours, pruning bushes, pulling weeds, mowing our enormous lawn, and anything else you can think of. We have apple trees and plum trees that need to be pruned and sprayed still. (as soon as we can get my grandpa up here to show us how :) ) We got our garden all tilled and peas planted. I will be planting onions this week too. Jake is thoroughly enjoying having a workshop to store all of his tools and work on all of his projects! As soon as he gets home from work, after dinner, he takes Emery out and works on projects. He loves it. Overall we love our house, the area, and our ward. It has been so great living so close to my mom and dad and having a babysitter anytime. (for FREE!) It's perfect.
Jake is loving his job. He works with some great people and they have lots of fun. He has been doing lots of projects and staying plenty busy. He's been doing churches in Texas, Air Force Bases in New Mexico, Gas Stations in Utah. He is working on a project right now that is "confidential" for the military right now... who knows why an engineering project has to be confidential but whatever...that's what it is stamped. They are doing lots of overtime lately, getting home real late at least 2-3 times a week. But he loves it. Other that like he is mostly just working on getting our yard in order, working on his little projects, and spending lots of time playing with our little bug (Emery).
I have been staying busy with Emery, cooking, and trying to stay organized. I spend my days chasing her around and around. Pulling things she finds out of her mouth...the latest a leaf she pulled from one of my plants and a staple (no clue how she found that). Jake and I are running the Wasatch Back Ragnar this June so I have been training for that a lot. When Jake is around we run together but on his late nights at work I just take Emery and we go. I still cannot believe I am doing this...I hate running. Period. But the more I have been doing it the easier it is getting, and the less I am hating it :) Which is good. haha. I am so grateful to Jake for working so hard so that I can stay at home and raise Emery. Being a mom has been the hardest, most rewarding thing I have ever done. It amazes me every day how such a little helpless person can completely change your life, and make my day every day. She has such a sweet spirit and contagious smile. Love her so much.
Life for us the past few months has been absolutely wonderful. We live in the greatest place on Earth as far as I'm concerned (any of you from Morgan will agree with I'm sure of it :)), we have roof over our heads, jobs, the cutest little girl in the world, and food on the table. When so many don't have these basic things it makes me more and more grateful for them. I hear stories on the news of families renting storage units to live in just to get out of the cold, and stories like this one, and this one, and after I finish crying my eyes out and thank Heavenly Father for all of our blessings, I go pick up my little girl and give her kisses until she pushes my face away because she is trying to play, then send my husband and I love you so much text. We are so blessed it is incredible. I hope you will all remember that :)














No comments:
Post a Comment