It's been two wonderful years of marriage to this guy.
It seems like we've always been together, like I can't remember a time that we weren't.
This past week we got to celebrate those two years of marriage, and it was wonderful. We celebrated a little early due to, busy schedules, work, and babysitters. It worked out good though.
We decided to go to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. It is definitely in our top 5 favorite restaurants. The wait for dinner was over an hour though! (picked a bad night...Jazz game...) So to pass the time we figured, hey how about desert first? So we picked out a cheesecake from the 'to go' counter and took it and ate next to the "City Creek" with our beeper. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake-It was de-lish, and super rich.
The view of the Temple from the bridge at City Creek
pic taken through glass that's why it has all the reflections
Then we went for a walk to Temple Square, where we were married, and just somewhere we love to go, and watched the sun set.
It looked beautiful as always.
After all of our walking and eating, we went to a movie (my choice!) The Lucky One. I loved it. Jake tolerated it. He said it wasn't too bad. There was a little war in it so that helped I guess. I thought it was cute.
Emery had a sleepover at Grandma & Grandpa's. It was perfect. We got home late, slept in, and didn't get up in the night :) That in itself is a present!
She is actually a pretty good sleeper. But still. It was nice.

Then we got to celebrate again on our actual anniversary. We forgot to eat the top of our cake last year so we decided to do it this year! Other than being a little smooshed it was great! It still tasted just as moist and delicious as it had exactly 2 years before. Our top layer was Pumpkin Chocolate Chip with Cream Cheese Filling.
I made a simple dinner of Spaghetti and Rosemary Foccacia bread (Jake's choice), went on a run, and enjoyed a movie together cuddled up on the couch after Emery was snoozing away for the night in her crib.
It was a great day.
I feel so blessed to be married to such a wonderful man. He is the hardest worker, best daddy, and sweetest husband I could ask for. 4 moves, 2 years, and 1 pregnancy & baby later I still love you more than I ever thought possible.
Happy Anniversary Love!











1 comment:
Hurray for LOVE!! :)
Post a Comment