I was two weeks old when I went on my first camping trip. We slept in the back of my dad's old Ford Ranger. No I don't remember it. But the point is I can't believe Emery was 7 1/2 months old by the time she went on her first! In our defense though, she was born during the deer hunt...and it is too cold to camp anytime after that! We could've gone this spring but we were just too busy!
So Memorial Day it was we headed out to the West Desert for our annual camping trip. We were so excited to take her. She loves to be outside more than anything, so we knew it would be a hit. As you can see she wasn't too helpful in the packing process...I put it in, she took it out.
![]() |
My mom and I had a time trying to keep her entertained for the drive out there. She only slept for about the first 30 minutes...ugh.
We finally got there and set up camp. While we were waiting for everyone else we decided to go on a walk.
After everyone else got there we had some dinner, and spent the rest of the night sitting around the fire, talking, roasting marshmallows, and playing.
Emery is so love with Jack she loved having her Uncle Colton helping her "ride" him.
Emery had a hard time sleeping in the tent the first night. She is such a picky sleeper...she has to be on her stomach and she always sticks her head in the corner of her crib...haha. It is really funny. So when there was no corner to stick her head in she had a hard time. Jake and I didn't sleep much, but as long we cuddled her she would sleep. She loved waking up in the morning and crawling around all over the tent. This is her right after she woke up...haha...too early for cameras!
The next morning we woke up and it was pretty rainy and cold...but with some bundling after the rain stopped we headed out to the Geode Beds to look for some. It was neat. I don't really know that we found any. We did find some cool rocks.
Emery absolutely loves playing with her Uncle Colton.
After a while we got too cold so we headed to car to warm up while everyone else finished up!
After we left there we spotted something that looked like a mine. So we hiked for a little ways and found these rocks filled with Topaz. So we spent a little time looking for Topaz.
All of the kids got a big football game started. Boys vs. Girls.
Emery watched from the sidelines.
I love this picture of Emery stuffing her face with goldfish...haha. This girl loves to eat!
We spent lots of time four-wheeling. Emery loves it. On long rides we left her with Great-Grandma, (thank you!!) But we took her on a couple short ones. She is a big fan.
The night before we left we went on a big ride and hike at sunset. The guys had a blast rolling rocks down the hill.
Emery fell asleep while we were packing up :)
Overall I'd say Emery's first camping trip was a success. She loves being outside, she loves being held constantly, she loves four-wheeling, she loves everything about it.
I'd say we couldn't go on another trip soon enough for her.


















































No comments:
Post a Comment