Monday, November 4, 2013

Goodbye October

I can't believe October has come and gone. It went by so fast, but it was so much fun! We definitely stayed busy! These are just a modge podge of the leftover pictures from the past month. 


Not much has changed around here. I'm just staying busy chasing these two rascals. Emery is as busy as ever. Man that kid. It cracks me up when we are around people for a few minutes and inevitably they will also say "Man she is busy today!" or "I bet she sleeps good tonight with how busy she is today!". And every time I just laugh to myself, because she is literally like that all. the. time. From the second she wakes up she hits the floor running and chatting, and doesn't stop until she falls back asleep. But in all of her busyness, you'll never, ever, meet a sweeter girl. It is truly remarkable to me sometimes. She is so conscious of other people's feelings, and it amazes me that she can even understand that at her age. If she ever thinks you are sad or upset about something she will come and pat your head and say, "Otay mama? Otay?" Or if she ever does anything she is so quick to say "Sowie mama". Without any prompting. The other day she was playing with some friends and started playing with a toy that another girl wanted and that girl started to cry, she immediately started saying "Sowie Hapoo, Sowie" (the girl's name is Harper). It is so sweet. Another thing that amazes me so many time is how good she is at sharing. So many people will say that 2 year old's can't understand what sharing is and to not even expect them to do it. But I don't buy it! I think it's important to teach those principles from day one. Now don't get me wrong...she is not this little sharing angel, and I'm sure she doesn't get it 100%. She definitely throws her fair share of fits and tantrums when someone takes something that is "hers". She makes it known. But she also has moments when she is so good at it! For instance, she did something at tumbling last week that made me so proud of her I just wanted to give her big hugs and a kiss, and I did! After class the teacher always gives them a treat. Since it was Halloween this week the teacher let them take two treats. I looked over while I was getting our stuff ready to go and she had 2 treats and was coming over to me. I went back to getting Macie in her seat. When I turned around she was there with only 1 in her hand, I just figured she had put the other one back, no big deal, so I opened it for her and we started to leave. As we were going one of the other moms came up to me and said "I just have to tell you how sweet your little girl is. She had two treats in her hand and was walking past my daughter and saw that she didn't have any and gave her one of hers." I was one proud mama. 




Macie just continues to grow like a weed. I can't even believe next week she'll be 4 months! I'll talk more about that in her update then. She is just a cutie and we are completely smitten with her. 

Jake is still crazy busy at work. His big gold mine project has started to slow down, but his other helicopter hanger project has really picked up taking up any other free time the other project had left. But he has actually been able to be home more, and has even been able to work from home a few times so we have seen him more lately. Especially with all of our trips for hunting and that lately. It's been incredibly nice. I love it. 











No comments: