We had a very busy, but very happy Halloween! I made both Emery and Macie's costumes. They were pretty easy actually, and CHEAP! (best of all!) We had a little Minnie Mouse and a Ghost. And they were the cutest. Emery actually kept her ears on all day, which I was surprised about.
We started off the day with a festive little breakfast. Jack-o-Lantern Chocolate Chip Pancakes. mmm mmm.
Then we headed to story time at the library. All the kids meet there for a Halloween Story and then they go Trick or Treat next door at the County and City Building. Lucky for Emery that is where Grandma works so she gets to go Trick or Treat to Grandma.
Then us and Grandma headed to Ogden to the Treehouse Museum. They had some Halloween activities and treats. Emery loves that place.
Jake works just a few minutes from the museum so after we were done there we headed to his office to say hi.
After we got home from Ogden and Jake got home from work we went to the business trick or treat. In Morgan every evening all of the businesses around town do a Trick or Treat that you can walk around to. It is super fun. This is our friend Jerry's Real Estate office (our agent that got us our house). He gave out trays of Nachos. Steph's does Ice Cream Cones, 7-11 does Slurpees, I'm telling ya, the business trick or treat is where it's at. We also just got a new Pretzelmaker, which is like my favortie place ever...and they gave out coupons for a free pretzel! You better believe I'm stealing that from Emery ;)
Emery woke up from her nap right as we started the business trick or treat, so it took a minute for her to wake up and wanna do it.
After that we headed to Grandma's to trick or treat. She always makes up cute trick or treat packages for her. She did the same thing to us when we were kids. Our favorite place to trick or treat was always our own house!
After some dinner at Grandma's, we headed back to our house to answer the door for our trick or treaters. We had planned on taking Emery around the neighborhood, but she was tired, and she already had more candy that a 2 year old should have, so we bagged it. Next year when she gets it a little more I'll have no problem with her going. We attempted to get a good picture of both of the girls in their costumes on the front porch...yeah that went over like a ton of bricks.
First Emery was throwing a fit so she got sent to timeout...so it was only Macie....
Then she came back and was happy, so we tried to sit Macie down next to her...
But we sat her too close I guess and she sat on Emery's skirt, which she didn't like, and then Macie started to scream....
And scream....
Until Jake picked her up, and we were actually able to get a decent picture ;)
Then my mom and dad came to our house and brought the stuff for our traditional Halloween Witches Brew. (Homemade Rootbeer) We had Homemade Rootbeer Floats and watch Jake and I's favorite Halloween show, Hocus Pocus. Emery was fascinated by the Dry Ice. She wouldn't touch it for a while because she thought it was smoke and that it was hot. We showed it it wasn't and then we loved it.
We had a great Halloween! I can't believe that October has come and gone already! We were SO busy it just flew by! I love the next 2 holidays coming up though so I am excited. But sometimes I do wish time would slow down at least a little!
Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!





























No comments:
Post a Comment