Friday, November 15, 2013

Potty Trained.





As of today this pretty girl is officially potty trained. And I cannot tell you how happy I am about that little fact. She has been practically begging for about 8 months. Every time she would go in her diaper she would go get a new diaper and bring it to me and tell me she had gone....and then she would ask and ask to sit on the potty. With Macie being born I really didn't want to do it before that, because I did not want her to regress. I wanted Macie to be a few months old and their not to be a jealousy issue. I could have done it a month or so ago but with us going to Illinois I did want to do it before that because the last thing I needed was her needing to go potty while we were racing to a flight. So this week I decided it was time! We were at Wal-Mart the other day and she spotted a Minnie Potty and she had to have it. We brought it home and started! It was rough the first day...she had at least 4 accidents...she wouldn't tell me when she needed to go until she was actually going. I almost gave up. Day 2 she woke up and within 2 hours had had 2 accidents again even though she hadn't had one all night. I wanted to give up again...haha! But we stuck with it. Rewarded her with treats every time she was successful. And today is Day 3 she hasn't had an accident in over 24 hours! That includes all night last night and her nap today! I don't even have to remind her to go anymore. She just gets up and goes in the bathroom and goes, and then comes and tells me after. It is awesome...I didn't follow any books or anything. I kind of just did what I wanted, and it worked just fine. Although it wasn't easy...sometimes I got really frustrated, but it has been sooo nice only having one set of diapers to change! The only issue has been Emery now thinks that Macie should have to go in the potty too. She doesn't think she should be allowed to wear diapers either...haha! I'm so proud of you Emmy!

No comments: