Day 3 in Illinois started out with a bath for these two while Grandma blew bubbles.
They were pretty big fans.
After wards Emery and Madeline played outside for a while and helped Grandpa rack leaves. We kids of just hung around all morning waiting for Jake's aunts.They were coming down to come visit. Around noon they got there and we headed to Steak and Shake for some lunch!
Then we spent the rest of the afternoon and evening just talking and loving on that super sweet baby of mine right there.
Jake, Emery, and Macie with Jake's cousin Angie, and Aunts Bonnie and Kathy.
A little before sundown I went outside with Josh and Chantel and did a super mini photo shoot. About 10 minutes. I'm telling ya, that is the way to go when it comes to family pictures. Painless.
The highlight of these girls night was endless rounds of ring around the rosie. Boy oh boy did they think that was the greatest thing that had every happened to them. Still to this day I get asked daily, "More Rosie".
Once the adults had had enough, we made them do it alone.
And then grandpa jumped in.
Saturday morning Chantel, Sally, and I headed to JCPenney for a super good sale that they were having. Grandma absolutely spoiled all three of the girls, we came home with enough clothes to definitely get them through the winter! Emery came home with 3 new pairs of shoes even. Those will last her a year I'm sure. Later that afternoon Jake wanted to go for a ride in his dad's Willy Jeep. Jake helped his dad restore this Jeep and he loves it. So he wanted to take it for a ride. Emery wanted to tag along as well, with Mimi and her baby of course.
Saturday was also the day that Jake's Grandma and Grandpa came down. Also his Great Uncle Charlie and cousin Darryl.
After then left we soaked up the last few hours we had that night before we left the next morning by playing at the park.
And just like that it was over. It went by so fast. Sunday morning was spent packing and packing and packing. We had to bring home an extra suitcase just to get everything home.
The flights home went much smoother. Except for getting through security in St. Louis...I didn't think we would make our flight it took so long. We got to the airport way early but ended up just sitting outside security talking with Jake's dad. Eventually we decided we should go. First off the line was moving sooooo slow. And then once we got up there it was problem after problem with power hungry TSA agents. One lady wouldn't let me through because I didn't have my driver's license in my hand...Jake was carrying it. So he had to give it to me, but I already had 3 suitcases, a back pack, a diaper bag, and another bag. So he handed it to me, just so that I could had it to her...so dumb. But when Jake tried to take the suitcases and help me, she wouldn't let him! She said I had to hold them. It was a joke. Then once we got through that and put our stuff on the belt it just got worse. I'm sure they thought we were terrorists with our two babies. They scrutinized ALL of our stuff. Opened about 4 of our bags and went through them, one of them they didn't even tell me, they just did it, which I'm pretty sure is not allowed. They got mad that I had brought a sippy cup! A sippy cup! Seriously! There has to be better things to worry about than my sippy cup. They ran the car seat through the scanner twice. So I was holding Macie, trying to get our stuff off the belt, watching them empty our bags, and try to keep Emery from being kidnapped because she kept running away. They wouldn't let Jake through until all of our stuff had gone through. I about lost it. They other thing they kept scanning with all of their tools and stuff was Emery's doll...Seriously? The doll. I'm telling ya, they did not let us through without a fight. We ran to the gate which thankfully wasn't far. They were boarding already but since they make us get on last we were fine. After that it was smooth sailing. We had a 3 hour layover in Dallas which I was grateful for because we didn't have to sprint. We checked every. single. one of our bags and it was amazing. I carried Macie and a diaper bag, and Emery walked. Jake carried 2 backpacks. It was awesome. We got to Salt Lake and just picked everything up at Baggage Claim and got on the shuttle. Our lesson that we learned on traveling with kids? Check everything. I don't care if it costs $100 only bring on the plane what you need to survive on the plane. It isn't worth the stress. We will check all of our bags from now on. If we had just checked everything from the beginning it would have been a breeze. Well aside from security in St. Louis. They were determined to find something wrong with us.
Overall it was such a fun vacation and we were so glad that we were able to go out! Thank you!! Can't wait until next time!!






































No comments:
Post a Comment