Oh man am I so glad that canning season is over...I love that it happens, but it's so much work. And I didn't do half as much as I should! I gave up. Next year I'm hiring a babysitter...haha. It's just too hard to try to stay on top of cooking and processing times and boiling water while a baby and toddler are hollering. But I did get a decent amount done. I did one bushel of peaches, 3 bushes of tomatoes into salsa and chili sauce, a batch of strawberry and peach jam, and a batch of Jalapeno jelly. Then I dehydrated 16 trays of apples from my grandma's trees, and 8 trays of bananas. Unfortunately we don't have a banana tray so those actually came from the grocery store....haha. But everything else was home grown! I am so glad we have yummy food to get through the winter. I do want to do more next year though. I'd like to do green beans, and maybe some carrots and potatoes. But for now we're done! Unless Jake gets a deer this weekend and then I'll be starting over canning and jerking deer...I am secretly hoping that we come home empty handed ;) Although I know Jake would love to get one so I'll suck it up I guess!





No comments:
Post a Comment