Sunday, October 6, 2013

Happy Birthday Emery!

I love birthdays. Like a lot. My favorite days of the year? Emery's birthday, Macie's birthday, Jake's birthday, and my birthday. My favorite holiday? ironically enough, is America's birthday. I love that we get a day to make that person feel like the most important person in the world. I love it. So that is what I try to do. I plan my family's birthdays in an effort to make them feel like the most important person in the world. Some may think I go overboard. I say you can't make some one feel too special. 
Yesterday was Emery's second birthday. I cannot believe she is 2 already, those year just flew by. And I know that they will continue to do so. So I will continue to celebrate each birthday to it's absolute fullest! 
We started off the day singing a round of Happy Birthday to Emery as soon as she woke up. She was obviously confused, but was so excited to have all of that attention. We brought her out of her room and and let her open a few of her presents. This is when she knew something was up. She loves opening presents. So she was thrilled. 
The first thing she did was take the tag off the present and stick it on herself. She loves stickers. 

These presents were all books. As I mentioned before, those are my favorite presents to get her. I want each of my children to have a love of reading. There are countless benefits to being a good reader and loving to read. We also got her a new coloring book. She loves to color, and loves Minnie. So it was a win-win. She immediately had Daddy get her crayons and sit down and color with her. Meanwhile, I made breakfast. 



I found this recipe on Pinterest. There were called Cake Batter Muffin Tops. Sounds amazing right? Yeah that's what I thought. I'd link you to the recipe, but they were gross. Emery loved them, Jake thought they were good too. I took one bite, threw them away, and made myself some eggs. They basically tasted like a dry sugar cookie to me. I just did not like them. 


So we had a redo birthday breakfast this morning with these....mmmm...You cannot go wrong with cinnamon rolls. 



After breakfast we cleaned up, Jake and Emery went to go pick up Emery's really big birthday surprise (the bounce house) and finished party prep. We had so much fun! It was seriously such a fun party. We had so many people come out to support Emery and have fun. We just appreciate each one so much. It means so much to us. 
The Food:





Don't worry the cake is supposed to look like it's tipping over...haha. I wanted to, but from this view it looks like only the top layer is going to fall off. I wanted to get in on this new trend of not frosting the outside of cakes, and I'm not gonna like I love it. I love how it looks, and I love how easy it is! I thought a Rainbow cake was the perfect way to try it out. We also had Rainbow Popcorn (Jello Popcorn), Sprinkle Cupcakes, Rainbow Jello, Hot Dogs, Salad, and treats. 







When I started thinking about what to do for Emery's party I couldn't really decide I had so many ideas to sift through. But eventually decided that I couldn't go wrong with a bounce house. What kids don't love that? And needless to say it was a hit. With kids and adults alike (well the adults who hit the weight and height requirements...sometimes it pays to be short!) The kids had a blast. I guarantee nap time was nice for all those moms once they got home. They had to be worn out. (Even if they did consume massive amounts of sugar while at it! :))
After all the kids left Jake, Shayli, Colton, Emery, and I just played on it for about 2 hours. It really was so much fun. We had a choice between the regular bounce house and this castle with the slide and basketball hoop. I'm glad we got the nicer one. The slide was seriously a blast. 
















After lunch and lots of playing we did the cake and presents. There was breeze so in spite of Jake, Haley and Colton's best efforts the candles would just not light. 

Emery got really excited when she saw that thing coming towards her. 

So we sang and Jake held the lighter and she blew that out instead ;)

Then leaned forward and took a big bite out of it. Hahahaha. She must remember last years birthday cake smash...


Next up, presents. By this time Emery had caught on with today being all about her. All day she kept walking around singing "Happy to you, happy to you". She had no problem upwrapping the presents. She had lots and lots of help too. She got so many fun presents, she is loving all of these new toys. My little pony from Lawson and Ellie, Coloring books and crayons from Kroix and Harper, puzzles and a stuffed animal from Linnea and Drew, Playdough and lots o new books (yay!) from Colton and Haley, a sock monkey hat (soooo cute) from Kate, legos and cars from Grandma and Grandpa Welker, and lots more books from Mom and Dad. Last year for Christmas we got her a doll and a stroller. Well she loved it, like a lot. Enough to wear it eventually had to be thrown away. I made the mistake of buying the stroller in a day after Thanksgiving sale and it was CHEAP. It broke like the day after Christmas. She continued to use it until no amount of Dad's handywork could make it work any more. So we got her a new, nice, stroller for her dolls. We also got her a new doll with a doctor kit. She is constantly taking my stethoscope and walking around listening to even one's heart so we got her her own little kit. We also got a car seat, back pack carrier, and a high chair for her doll. My parents got her a Dora (her favorite!!) book and a year pass to the Children's Treehouse Museum. I am so excited about it. Emery loves it when we have taken her, but it is not cheap. It's about $20 for us to go just for the day. And when we spend that much you feel like you have to spend hours there. Even if the kids are tired, and you are sick of being there. So this pass is going to be awesome. It's good for our whole family to get in for an entire year. So now we can stop by for even just an hour while we are down there. I'm really excited to have somewhere for Emery to get out some energy this winter when we are stuck inside!
Thanks everyone for all the presents! This is one spoiled girl, but she is so grateful for all of the gifts. 







Happy Birthday baby girl! I know you won't remember today, so I hope this is a good documentation of the day. We will always remember it. You had so much fun today running, playing, getting all the attention in the world, and lots of treats. You were one happy girl. Thanks for being such a wonderful part of our family. You are smart, kind, and beautiful. We couldn't love you anymore that we already do. 
Love, Mom and Dad

No comments: