Ever since we moved in friends have been begging for pictures of our new house. And for some reason I just never got around to it. But I am finally going to be doing some posts. Room by room. And don't be surprised if it takes even a year to get through them all ;) haha.
So, welcome to our home. First up: The Entryway.
When we first moved in I hated the entryway. Hated it. I liked the space, but it was so blah...I felt like it was this hole that you walked into. I knew I wanted to do something with it to utilize the space that is in there. I am soooo happy with what we came up with.
I swear I took before pictures before we started all of these projects, but I can't find them for the life of me. So only a during picture ;) haha. But you get the idea. A beige blah hole. I swear whoever built this house just set off a beige bomb in the house. We've had to repaint everything. But I am so in love with my entryway now. Still a few little accessories that I want to get. Like baskets for under that bench, and new rug, and a place for guests, keys, cell phones, etc...I have a few ideas up my sleeve. Also I have decorated for Halloween so these pictures will be with our Halloween decorations. And no the coats aren't part of the decor but I was took lazy to actually clean the room before taking pictures of the room.
Jake built this bench for me about a year and half ago. I knew I wanted it in my entryway somewhere but we've never lived anywhere that it would really work. So after moving here and months of Jake begging me to decide on a color to paint it, I finally decided exactly what I wanted. I couldn't love it anymore. It is the perfect pop of color as you walk in the door. The yellow mixed with the peacock blue is happy and welcoming. Exactly the mood I wanted to set right off the bat in my home.
This picture wall kind of became Jake and I's wall. No kid pictures, just us. Wedding, engagement, etc...I love it.
This adorable print was made by my friend Alexa from our old ward in Orem. See her etsy shop here. Where you can buy your own! And about a million other adorable things ;)
The mirror was an ugly brown color. I found it on the side of the road in Kaysville while doing some Home Health visits one weekend. I was pretty pleased! Came home, slapped some peacock paint on it and hung it up. I l.o.v.e. how it looks.
The table Jake made for me. I had searched and searched for one, and they were all so expensive. I have such a hard time paying for something I know we can make just as well, for a lot less. So I told Jake what I wanted and he whipped up this for me. Again, love it.
Handle from Hobby Lobby. Peacock pattern goes perfectly with all of our peacock blue. Which may just be my new favorite color.
So that's our entryway! Hope you enjoyed the little tour.
Next up: Kid's Bathroom.








1 comment:
Love it! Come decorate my house!!
Post a Comment