At 2 years you area ball of personality, energy, and attitude. All rolled up into this hysterical little girl. You have the sweetest most tender little heart. Whenever you see anyone crying or sad, whether in real life, TV, or a book. You get a really sad voice and ask me "A boo-boo?". Or if you see me or Dad upset or sad about anything you always come up and put you little hand on our face and say "Oh tay ma-ma? Oh tay?" It's enough to make me melt right there. When Macie is crying you try everything you can to make her better. You'll find her "num-num" (binki) and try and give it to her, you will just rub Macie's head and say "It oh tay Macie, it oh tay". You are the best big sister and absolutely love the role. You are constantly telling Macie how much you love her and kissing her head, you tell me you love me hundreds of times a day, and I get as many kisses as a mom could ever want. It's heavenly. You always ask to hold Macie, and since we've started giving Macie bottles every now and then you always want to hold it for her. You adore your little sister. About a month ago we started putting Macie in the exersaucer. Sometimes her hands just get going and she pushes a button on it and it starts to sing. You get so proud of her when she does that and will yell, "Yay Macie!!!" It cracks me up. You truly love being a big sister, and I am so glad.
You are continually amazing us with how smart you are. I know, I know, every parent thinks their kids is a regular 'ol Einstein. But really I am amazed every day with something new you have picked up. You learn at least 1 new word every day I swear. You now knows your ABCs, you can sing a lot of the song, but you can point at all of the letters and tell us what letter they are. And you can also count from 1 to 10. Although for some reason you won't say one or four. So your counting goes "two, two, free, free, fi, sis, sen, eight, nine, TEN!!" And in true loving parent fashion we think it's adorable.
You love to help with any chores around the house, your favorite is to help me unload the dishwasher. You also like to help put the clothes from the washer into the dryer. You like helping clean up her toys too, which is nice, you are really good at cleaning them all up when I ask her to. You are super OCD about being clean. You can't stand having her hands dirty. When you are eating you like having a wipe right there with her so you can clean your hands whenever you wants. You will also periodically clean the entire area where you is eating. You always have to clean it before you will get out of your high chair. It really makes me laugh. I hope you stays that way ;)
One of your very favorite things to do is read. Your dream day would be either me or Dad sitting on the couch with you all day long reading you books. Oh you love it. And oh how I love that you love it. I am a BIG reader, I love it. There is nothing better than getting lost in a book. And I am so glad you like it. Your very favorite book is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, ironically enough, it was always my favorite as a kid. A few close seconds are Amelia Bedilia (which you call "Delia") and Rainbow Fish (referred to ask "ish book") That is the main thing we wanted to get you for her birthday was books, and I got you about 6 of them. I want you to have a whole library of books. As far as I am concerned they are way more important than any toys! You also have a 16 year old attitude, and while you do get disciplined for it, sometimes when you aren't looking, I have to just smile and laugh, because some of the looks are just too funny not to. Case in point, this picture here...
Oh and this one too:
I do think it's pretty cute though.
You love your "mi-mi" (your blankie Grandma Kilmer gave you when you were born) You sleep with it every night and every nap. Sometimes I let you bring it in the car with you too. You beg and beg. So I thought it was only fitting you get a few pictures with her too, she is like part of the family ;)
I can't wait to see what age 2 holds for you. Whatever it is we will love every minute. Where ever you go, what ever you do, you make your self comfortable and I love that about you. You are friendly to every one, and have a wonderful ability to fit in where ever you go. I love your independent attitude, your sense of humor, and you sweet giggles at night before bed as daddy chases you around the house. Sweet girl we love you so much and hope you have the happiest day.
Happy Birthday Emery!!














No comments:
Post a Comment