Saturday, July 20, 2013

Emery's Day

The first few days of Macie being home with us, Emery had a rough time. 
She was a little skeptical of this tiny human taking all of mom and dad's attention. 
And grandmas...and grandpas...and Shay's...
She didn't do too bad. She really liked her, but she would act out a little bit. Ignoring us mostly when we would try and discipline her. 
BUT good news. She is doing wonderful now. She really loves Macie. She gives her constant kisses and loves, always wants to help with anything we are doing for Macie, diapers, feedings, you name it. I frequently find her trying to give Macie a binki when she is crying, or covering her up with a blanket if she doesn't have one. She really loves her sister, and it melts me. The other day we went grocery shopping with my mom at Wal-Mart. I had Macie in my cart, and she had Emery. We were walking down the aisles and I had to stop for a few things, but my mom kept going. When I caught up to them I could hear Emery asking, "Where's Mayshee? Where's Mayshee?". Even when I got up right next to her and she could see her carseat, she wasn't satisfied until I opened it up and she made sure that "Mayshee" was inside there. Every morning when she wakes up, "Where's the baby?" She is really in love with her sister. I love it.
But I digress. 
In celebration of Emery being so great lately, we decided to take her to the Children's Tree house Museum in Ogden. Just to give her a day of doing super fun things that she would just enjoy. We figured it would be good to get out considering all the time we've had to spent inside lately. She had so much fun. With Macie's eating schedule and everything else, we didn't end up getting to the museum until Emery's exact nap time...I was a little worried. But you wouldn't know it! She ran around there for about 2 hours, just having a blast. 



This girl LOVES babies. 







Macie slept...













And slept...



After wards we headed to Farr's for some Ice Cream. Emery loves Ice Cream. So much. We decided today would be a good day to let her have her own. She usually just mooches off every body around her. But this time she got her own cup of every Utah kid's favorite flavor...Playdough...Jake had never tried it before and he became a fan as well. I remember many a grocery trip my brother and I begging my mom and dad for Playdough Ice Cream. 


And slept...haha. The only pictures I got of Macie she was sleeping. That's because the only time she would wake up was in the car right before I would feed her, and then she would konk back out again. It made it really easy, but also made for only sleepy pictures ;) That's okay though, she is a little princess when she sleeps. 

We had such a fun day together as a little family. We are loving having sweet Macie here with us. Jake even took me shopping after and let me get a few new things ;) dang I love him. 
Thank you sweet Em for being such a good big sister!
We love you!

No comments: