Sunday, July 7, 2013

Em's Big Girl Bed



 Getting Emery switched over to a big bed wasn't really on my list of things to make sure and do before the baby came. But since she is taking her time in coming we have ended up with 2 extra weekends that we weren't really planning on having! (Believe me...there will not be another one...!) So this past weekend we spent getting it all ready and finished last night. We decided we might as well get her started last night, especially since we needed it to be on a night that Jake didn't have to get up early the next day, just in case it was a long ;) But she actually did really well! The only issue we had was she did fall out of it at about midnight last night :( poor girl. See that scratch on her cheek? Yeah that's her battle wound. It is a really tall bed so it wasn't a short fall! We're going to line it with pillows for a little while until she gets the hang of it. I laid down with her last night until she fell asleep, and then Jake slept in her room on the floor just in case she woke up panicking about where she was. But it ended up being good he was in there when she fell out. With some loves she fell back asleep and he just ended up sleeping the rest of the night in her bed with her. Which he says resulted in little to no sleep ;) What a guy! She's a mover that's for sure. I was worried the most about nap time. I love being able to trap her in the crib and she can't go anywhere so she just sleeps. She did okay though. I laid down with her again until she fell asleep and then left. She didn't nap long, but it was something. I think she wakes up a lot when she is sleeping, even when it was in her crib. But in there she would just put herself back to sleep. The bed is still so new, and she can just get out of it whenever she wants, so if she wakes up, she just gets up. But hopefully in time it'll be okay. She loves it. She keeps going in her room and patting it or pointing to it and saying "Emmy's nigh nigh" or "Emmy's bed". She knows it's hers and really likes it. She still isn't to keen on calling the crib the Baby's bed though...she is a little possessive of it still.
After a lot of going back and forth about what to do bedroom wise, we decided to go ahead and put both of the girls in the same room. I'm glad we did, I think it'll be good. Mostly once this new one is older and out of the crib, I think they'll have fun sharing, for now ;) I don't plan on putting the baby in there for a few months obviously. She'll stay in our room until she sleeps better through the night so she doesn't wake up Emery all the time. Emery started sleeping through the night at 8 weeks, so we'll see if she is similar then that'll be about the time we move her over. We'll just see how it goes though. We're gonna work on getting her here first ;)
I am glad we got this all put together though, I was originally planning on ordering Emery's bedding online. I had found some that I LOVED, the only issue was I didn't love the price tag that came along with it. So I was putting it off. But then I found this bedding and really liked it to so we got it. It'll be nice to have one less thing to worry about. This almost completes the girl's room entirely. We still have just a couple things to hang on Emery's wall and then it's complete! After we finally finish that I'll post some pictures of the whole room. It has turned out so cute. I'll be glad when it's done though and we can move onto other rooms, and other projects!











No comments: