We had a super low key Pioneer Day. Usually we go camping or something over Pioneer Day but this year it just wouldn't work out. I had plans to do something big and fun, but 2 days before Jake found out that he wasn't getting the day off this year since they are just too busy at work right now. I was bummed, but it was okay. Jake has had a lot of days off this month with Macie being born, so it was okay. Granted he worked from home all of those days (even from the hospital while I was in labor...), but at least he was at home! Anyway, We started off the morning with some snuggles in Emery's bed ;) Emery loved having Macie in her big girl bed. She tucked her in, with HER blankie...that's a big deal. No one gets to use Emery's "mimi"! After that we went on a walk and to the park with our bestest friends Emily, Linnea, Drew, and Jarom. We love them.
After we got home from the park Emery, Macie, and I just tagged along with my mom, dad, and sister and went shopping all day. We had fun, except my dad ;) He isn't a big shopper...but he watched Emery the whole time, so that was nice! Macie was a trooper and slept almost the whole time. She did wake up a few times, but she was so good when she did and just looked around at every one.
Jake got off work an hour early (yay!) and then we went up to my parents and roasted hot dogs, ate corn on the cob, and just enjoyed the nice night. Both of our kids are big time outdoor lovers. Emery would spend all day every day outside if I'd let her. And we are learning that Macie loves it just as much. After being outside for a while we went back in the house, within about 5 minutes Macie was crying. I took her back outside and instantly she was happy and looking around again. She loves the cool evenings, when the sun has gone done and it isn't bright and the sun isn't shining in her eyes anymore.
And Macie and Emery finally got to wear their matching outfits that were supposed to be for the 4th...But that's okay. They were just as cute for the 24th. Even with all the stains that were on them by the end of the day...and Emery's crazy hair...and Macie's missing bow...oh well though. I still love all these pictures.
And these sweet girls.
Hope you all had a wonderful pioneer day. I am so grateful for all of the sacrifices that those pioneers made for us to be here in Utah. Most especially for my many pioneer ancestors that made that journey and made it possible for us to live in this beautiful state.














No comments:
Post a Comment