Well if anyone is wondering...yes I'm still pregnant. So here we are again with another non-announcement post. My due date has come and gone, and this day after day of 100+ degree weather is killing me! We are very anxious for this little lady to make her appearance. My original due date was June 21st before being bumped back 2 weeks, so technically that makes me 42 weeks and 1 day pregnant. Sound miserable? It is. Trust me. But it'll be worth it.
Anyway.
4th of July.
We had a great one! We were really hoping the little one would be here to wear her matching shirt with her older sister. But no such luck. Emery sure looked cute in hers though! We had a festive breakfast of Blueberry Rolls. When you can't sleep at night anyway, it makes it really easy to prepare elaborate breakfasts that take 4 hours...haha. Jake apparently didn't even hear me. He woke up wondering where these homemade rolls had come from! Glad someone is getting some sleep around here.
After breakfast we headed to the parade! I was really excited to take Emery this year, she had no idea what was going on last year. But this time around she caught on quick, and had a blast! She would go out in the road and dance to all the floats that had music. And she caught on to picking up the candy real quick. Luckily she forgot about it just as quick and hasn't eaten a single piece ;) That would be Jake and I eating it...haha
I love this picture on the right, when the parade started they had the flag right in the front. So obviously everyone stands up, put their hands over their heart, etc...well we told Emery to put her hand over her heart and that's what she did. It was really sweet I thought.
After the parade we let Emery go play at one her favorite places...the playground.
After a while of that we went to my parents for a traditional barbecue, and some swimming and otter pops. By the time we were done. Emery was exhausted. And so was I. So we headed home for some family nap time. ;)
After naps we headed out for what else? Japanese food? Okay maybe not totally American, but there were very few other people there, and it was delish as always. (Does it seem like we mostly just ate all day? I'm just noticing that...)
We did learn that we have apparently been feeding Emery the wrong food all this time. She wants Japanese! She was downing spring rolls as fast as she could, ate almost half of my Teriyaki noodles, then just moved on down the line, pa-pa's rice, ma-ma's zucchini (which I have tried feeding her like a million times and she would never eat). She just ate and ate and ate. We couldn't believe it. Looks like we found one restaurant that we can successfully take her too.
After dinner we headed back home. Hung around grandma and grandpa's for a little bit, roasted some smore's, and then headed to the fireworks. I bought some sparklers forever ago that we kept forgetting to get out, but it ended up working out because we had a bunch to play with while we waited for the fireworks. Emery thought they were just about the coolest thing ever. She just kept asking more, more, more. Finally the fireworks started and we were able to stop ;)
She really liked the fireworks as well. We were really close to where they were lighting them off so some of those really loud, booming ones, were extra loud. They started to scare her a little bit, but she just ran and jumped up on my dad's lap and was fine. After a while she moved to Uncle Colton and had him hold her for the rest. But she never cried or anything. I was glad.
Overall we had a great 4th! I'm so grateful for the soldiers who have fought for us to be able to have this holiday to celebrate. I feel so proud to have so many veterans in my family, and also for Emery's Uncle Matt who is serving right now. Thank you! It would've been nice to have a baby with us...but alas, it wasn't meant to be I guess ;) Let's just keep hoping it's soon.




















1 comment:
I have never seen anyone get such great fireworks pictures--and I especially love the ones of Emery with the sparklers. Hang in there, Kara--you are soooo close to having baby #2!
Post a Comment