Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Weber State Fireworks

Every year for as long as I can remember 2 Sunday's before the 24th of July we have gone to the Weber State Fireworks. It is always so much fun! My Aunt and Uncle and cousins all come. We have dinner, play games, talk, we've even been known to make a little homemade ice cream while we save our spot ;) Then we watch the fireworks, and bolt to the car to miss all the crazy traffic. We have a system all figured out with our strategically placed parking in order to be the first cars out and not get stuck there for hours. The only thing that was different about this year, aside from having 2 kids, was our strategic park went to waste when we gone about 2 miles down the road and I realized that somehow, my phone that was in the diaper bag, was no longer there. So we had to turn around...right into the traffic. We went back to our spot and had no luck finding it. We assumed someone had picked it up, and called it over and over and over. No one would answer, so we figured at that point it was just a stolen phone. Frustrated with the dishonesty of people, we called Verizon, had it disconnected and deleted all the apps from it that would automatically log in, like my e-mail, Facebook, etc...I felt so terrible! The next morning though we were pleased to receive a phone from a guy saying that he had my phone! I couldn't believe it! (And I took back all those things I said about people being dishonest ;) He had it with him at work and Jake was able to go and pick it up. So my phone is back, safe and sound. I'm not sure why the guy didn't answer one of out at least 5-6 phone calls to it that night....but whatever. I'm just glad he found it, called us, and it's back! Aside from that though, it was another perfect evening at the Weber State Fireworks!


Looking at the sky with "atata" (Uncle Colton. We're not sure why she says his name like that but she does.)




Em gets a little jealous when Grandma has Macie. So usually she ends up with both of them.

Macie LOVED being outside. It was near sunset so the sun wasn't bright and she loved looking around at everything. She was so happy and alert.


No comments: