~5 days~
That's the question we get asked most these days. How I'm feeling, how we're adjusting, etc...
The answer?
Great!
Macie is now three weeks young and we are enjoying every second with her.
I am feeling great! It's been crazy to see the difference between recovering from Emery's birth, a C-Section, and Macie's, a normal delivery. I couldn't believe that within a day I was out and about doing stuff. I can lift things without pain, or worrying about pulling out stitches, I can bend over, everything. I was just telling Jake yesterday that with Emery I really felt like I needed my full 6 weeks before I felt like I was okay to work out or anything like that. But with Macie, I feel like I should be back out running and working out hard right now. It's hard to convince myself that body needs more time to heal...because I really feel so good. That is something that I am incredibly grateful for many reasons, but a lot of it is because I can be there for Emery still. Both births were difficult in their own ways, but for me and my situation, I am very grateful to have not had a C-section again.
As far as sleep goes, I'm getting about as much as any mom with a newborn. The first week I actually got quite a bit, which was super nice. Partly because Jake was home and he is amazing and pretty much let me sleep in every day. And take a nap whenever I wanted! It did wonders for my recovery. Considering that by the time I actually had Macie I had been awake for 32 hours straight...I had a lot of sleep to catch up on. The first week Macie slept a lot too, even at night, one night she even slept for 6 consecutive hours! I couldn't believe it. She is getting better about waking up to eat, which as any nursing mother can attest, is a great blessing ;) Even if it means getting up more often! But I feel good. Caught up on enough sleep to realize that when I was going over Macie's birth story that I was actually in labor for 5 hours before I got my epidural, not the 4 that I documented...but still tired enough that when I went to Ogden the other to go shopping 2 minutes down the freeway I realized that I forgot the stroller, my wallet, and a sippy cup for Emery. haha. But hey that's having kids for ya right? I am pretty sure my brain will never be the same!
We've been out and about quite a bit. I can't stay locked up in the house with a toddler around, so we've had lots of park trips, and other things in the short 2 weeks Macie's been with us. But I don't worry as much with Macie as I did with Emery since it isn't cold and flu season like it was with Emery. We haven't ventured to church yet, because I swear churches a breeding grounds for germs...it is nuts. Every single time we take Emery to nursery, she gets a runny nose within a week. We haven't taken her for over a month because we didn't want her to be sick when the baby got here. And now we don't want her sick so we won't take her for a few more weeks at least. I don't know what it is about that nursery, but they need to clean their toys or something, it makes me crazy!
Macie is doing great! She was sleeping great for about the first week and a half. One night she even slept for 6 hours straight. It was amazing. Then starting this past weekend she started waking up a lot...and crying a lot. She is not a fussy baby at all, she rarely cries. But for some reason starting around Saturday she was just so fussy every time you moved her. I assumed it was some stomach issues related to things I was eating so I stopped eating dairy hoping it would help. Her 2 week check up was on Tuesday so I decided to just wait until that and see what the doctor thought. I told him everything that was going on and he said it was worth a shot. At the appointment though Macie was being fussy like she had been, and after a while he said he thought something else was wrong. Even if she was having some reflux problems, she shouldn't be THAT upset. So he checked her out really good and ended up deciding that he thought her umbilical cord was infected. He showed me what he was seeing and I agreed. He prescribed an antibiotic and it has done wonders! Within 24 hours she was back to her happy, calm, self. And slept wonderful last night! 5 hours straight. I'm so glad she is feeling better. The doctor thinks that she actually wasn't having reflux problems, it was just the swelling in her belly button pushing on her stomach causing her to be fussy after eating and spitting up. So I'm super happy about that! Aside from that she is doing wonderful.
Like I said, I am feeling great, doing great, and we've all adjusted well to having Macie in our lives. Our hearts just doubled in love for this little sweetie. We just can't get enough of her tiny sweetness.
Grandma got a new swing set, Emery is obsessed. There is not much she likes more than swings. Maybe swimming...but it may be an even tie.
~6 days~
~10 days~
~14 days~
~17 days~
Love you sweet baby!
We've been spending lots and lots of time with friends. These are some of our very bestest friends Drew and Linnea. Emery and Drew have a crush on each other. It's precious.


















No comments:
Post a Comment