2 days old:
3 days old:
We bought Emery these Lego's as a "present from Macie". It has been awesome because she loves them and she will play with them while I feed Macie. Plus Jake loves them too ;) So they will sit and play Lego's together!
Day 4:
Macie had her first Doctor appointment today! Everything still looks great. They like to see them between 3-5 days just to check their bilirubin levels and hers was still good! She now weighs 7 lbs 13 ounces. And we found out that she is actually 20 1/2 inches long, not 19 1/2 like they told us at the hospital ;) So she is 1 inch taller than Emery was, and 2 ounces bigger. And cooked for 1 more week!
Emery loves her "baby shishee" as she calls her. Or "mayshee". haha. It's too cute.
Last night was a fundraiser dinner for a member of our community who has had some major health problems in the past few months. We decided to go for the games since my mom was in charge of them and Emery really needed out of the house! She had a blast bouncing from one activity to the other. One of the booths was silly pictures, so that's where the pictures below come from!
Since we were gone for a couple days we had some bananas go pretty soft. So I decided to use it at an excuse to have a little 1 on 1 time with Emery. She absolutely loves to help me bake or cook anything! So while Macie slept her and I made some yummy banana bread! Her favorite part was mashing the bananas. She started just eating them out of the bowl...haha. Then of course she had to lick the spoon!
Overall we are adjusting well I think. Emery has good days and bad days. Some days I think wow she is doing so much better than I thought, and then the next day by 10 I am pulling out my hair. She is very sweet and nice with Macie, the biggest thing is she just will not listen! Anything I tell her to do or not to do she ignores me and I have to get mad at her to get her to listen. It makes me so sad because I don't want to get upset with her, I know this is really hard on her, but she needs to know she can't just ignore us! But Macie is only 5 days old, so I am trying to give her a break. I know it's going to take more than 5 days for her to adjust to such a big change. The poor girl's whole world has turned upside down. Just last night as we were walking to the fundraiser I got out the stroller and put the car seat in it. Emery just broke down crying. She knows that has always been her stroller, and she LOVES riding it (a new development the past few months...). She cried the whole way there saying "mine, mine, mine". Sharing is just not a word that is in a 21 month olds vocabulary. But we're working on it. We'll give it time and I know she will adjust just fine.

















.jpg)




2 comments:
So cute! Congratulations on sweet little Macie! Your girls are simply darling. And you look FABULOUS!
i'm dying of cuteness from Emery's silly pictures! your family looks happy and healthy and i could not be more excited for you ;) Xx
Post a Comment