Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Rica Comida
Ok ya´ll, sorry I haven´t had time to write until now. It was a crazy day, but it was really good. I got up this morning and Silvana made me breakfast! Remember those eggs I told you I was worried about...she made me one ;) And I am still here and not sick ;) She made me a boiled egg though, that is how they always eat their eggs here, they don´t scramble them or anything, it was really good though. I also of course had pan, which I am totally in love with! And then their yogurt here is amazing, so much better than in the US..seriously...she also made me this smoothie with all of these fruits, I´m not sure what all was in it other than the tree tomatoes, they have like 4 trees of these in the back yard so we have them often and then also oranges were in it, but that is all i know. For dinner last night we had these things they call them tortillas but it is nothing like the tortillas you eat...but they were amazing...I am SO making them often, it was cheese and potatoes and onions and goodness...But anyway, after breakfast Sam and I walked to la casa de ninez 2, it´s about a 5km walk there, so about 3.2 miles and then we walk back too in the afternoon so we walk about 6 and a half miles a day, it isn´t too bad though, it´s all uphill the way back, but it´s not bad. The boys were super excited to see us today. They play futbol at Hogar de Vida 1 in the mornings on Tuesday´s so not all of them were there until like right before lunch. We mostly just played Uno haha, they love that game, they play it to learn their colors and numbers in english. They were starting to get pretty good! We seriously taught So much english today...There is no way they will remember it all. We taught them all of the english words for playing futbol and so many others, we didn´t even teach spanish at all today. Lunch was ok...it was this rice stuff with meat and these beans that we almost a baked bean but not really, it really wasn´t that good...the soup though once again was amazing, it was a cauliflower and spinach soup! loved it. They boys are so cute though, Victor´s mother came to visit him today, he was pretty excited about that she cant´support him though so that is why he is there, but it was good that she came to visit. She was facinated with the fact that I was from the US and spoke english and spanish. SHe kept asking me how to say things in engligh the other problem was she was asking me names...names are basically the same in both languages haha she was asking me names lik Sabrina and Victor haha. But after I explained to her that they were the same she started asking me other things, after I would tell her she would just giggle and ask something else, it was hilarious. For dinner tonight we had pollo y pure, it is chicken and potatoes and yeah it is hard to explain but it was so good. I will be making that when i get home as well. We had lettuce and avocado and broccoli as well. I love love love all of the fresh vegetables that they have here, it is amazing! SO many different kinds of fruit! Oh haha i actually got a little sick earlier today, at la casa de ninez they have avocado trees and you can just pick them and eat them, Sam and I both love avocados so we were eating them, we each ate like 3, (they were very small don´t worry..3 didn´t even equal one regular one haha) but afterwards i started to kinda feel sick and I realized I probably shouldn´t have eaten them right off the tree haha. I felt fine like 2 hours later though, but at like 5 we finally left because Sam was not feeling good at all haha. I haven´t talked to him since like 6 so I don´t know if he is feeling better or not! He has some Cipro as well though so I told him to take one and I´m sure he is feeling better now. But yeah that is basically all today. We are going to go early tomorrow and hopefully leave around 3 in the afternoon, Marcela (the daughter of the family I am living with, she is 22) quit her job today and she only has class in the mornings so I think we are going to go into Quito tomorrow and see some stuff! But that is basically all today! It was a good day! Oh! I almost forgot I talked to Sam again about the church today!! WOOP WOOP! I talked to him about temples and some other stuff, it was really neat, we have a lot of time to talk since we walk 6.5 miles together everyday haha! We´ll see if I can get him to church with me! I have these pass along cards as well in spanish and I left one sitting in my room and Silvanita was looking at it and asking me about it, there is no way I could talk to her about a lot of things because she only speaks spanish, so I told her some stuf but maybe I can get the missionaries here! We will see...but see you soon! Can´t wait to hear back from you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you're so awesome! I love that you're there and kicking butt. I can't wait for pics!
Post a Comment