Wednesday, August 5, 2009
¡Señor Robinson!
Attn: there is officially a new investigator of the church! WOOP WOOP!! His name is Robinson! Pray for him!! He is the man! He works at la Casa de Niñez 2 and I am so excited! We were talking the other day and he was asking where in the US I was from and stuff and I said Utah and of course the very next question like always....Are you Mormon? (except in spanish not english) and I said yes and he started asking all kinds of questions, well my spanish is not good enough yet to explain the church let´s be honest...BUT!!! Luckily there are wonderful missionaries here in Quito that he is meeting with! WOOP WOOP!! And he is coming to church with me next Sunday! He can´t come this Sunday because he works, he is one of the guys that stays with the kids all the time, so he sleeps there and everything, he is such a cool guy! But yeah he is coming to church with me and I am so freaking excited for him! He is way excited too it is so neat! I love missionary work! I love all you missionaries (well returned missionaries now ;) still love you though ;)) But yes please pray for Robinson! Sam seemes to be pretty interested too who knows though. He asks me questions a lot during our 6 mile walks everyday haha, but we will see!! And I ´convienetly´left some pass along cards (in spanish) on the table at my family´s hous and they started asking me about the church too haha, so tricky...but I would love to get the missionaries here! I have a book of mormon for them already haha! I wish I had an english one for sam though...Brilliant Kara only brough spanish ones with her...I know...i´m a genius right...So I am still trying to figure out what to do with Sam..ya veremos!! But today was good, it was a long day though, like 10 hours with the boys, we taught Spanish until lunch and taught English all after lunch, we got SOOOO much done it was amazing. They are doing very well in both subjects! I love it! I only have two more days left with these boys so I am super sad...I will come back and visit before I leave though for sure! They are so cute, Antone made me a sweet bracelet and gave it to me today, I was super excited! Other than that the days are filled with thousands of hugs and kisses and Señorita ´Cada´I lub yud haha that is how they say I love you, that is their favorite english phrase we have taught them it is hilarious, they still say Te amo a lot, but if they remember they will say it in english, I told you yesterday we taught all of the words for playing soccer to them in english and they remembered most of them today, at 4:30 everyday they play soccer for hours and they were using a lot of the words we taught them! It was great! Today we taught them lots and lots of verbs and how to conjugate them, Sam and I decided it would be much easier to learn english than it is to learn spanish haha, the verbs conjugate so much easier than in spanish! I had the most amazing pan today too... Pan de dulce...and it was fresh out of the oven a la panadaria! AHHH I am going to miss that SO much, and the juice here is to die for as well, I had this peach juice today that was so good! But that was about it today! We didn´t get to go into Quito today because there was so much english to teach, but tomorrow we are for sure!! Sam and I are going to find somewhere amazing to eat dinner!! yeah!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment