Saturday, August 22, 2009

goodbyes.

I have been home for a couple days, but have not found time to post yet :) But here I am! The last two days in Ecuador were amazing and I miss it! Monday I got up and went to Casa de Ninez to say good bye to the boys and to Robinzon. Little side note, Robinzon cut his hair and shaved his goatee after going to church on Sunday :) he looked so awesome on Monday! But it was sad to say goodbye, but I had to... I went to the market one more time to get a few more things, and stocked up on fruit!! Then began the long journey home...17hours... The flight is so long, but beautiful. Costa Rica is gorgeous, the airport is a little dinky haha but it is gorgeous! It was really wierd while I was in Costa Rica the sun set, but then when we were flying over Honduras the sun was barely setting there...so I got to see it twice! I love sunsets. I got to California at about midnight, had to go through customs and all of that again...make sure I didn't come back with the swine flu. Which I was actually kinda worried I had, I had been having the worst headache for a few days, and was starting to cough. But it was nothing :) After customs I had to make a long trek from International flights back to regular flights in LAX, such a huge airport, it is like a half hour walk...and the cheerful (not) man at the counter refused to let me recheck my baggage until 4 in the morning. So I sat outside the LA airport for about 3 hours. yay. But got on the plan around 6 and made it back to Utah 2 hours later! It was so wonderful to see my family again and give them their gifts :) Oh how I missed them! Now I am just looking forward to my friends coming back from the break in between semesters! MONDAY! yaya :) I am living with Kristen again which is gonna be awesome, we have a nice new apartment (pics later) and we're gonna have a blast! Pictures from Ecuador to come, when there is actually time! I spent the first 2 days home moving and unpacking, and now I have been working 12 hour shifts everyday. And school starts Monday. SO, when time presents itself I will post the pictures! I apologize I don't have very many pictures of the actual volunteering. We weren't allowed to take pictures at Casa de Ninez, I begged. And the hospitals advised us against ever bringing cameras because it was too dangerous, if someone sees it they know you have it and they will try and steal it and everything else! So....for fear of being robbed and killed I didn't take my camera and if I did I never took pictures because I didn't want it stolen! But I have lots of other pictures to come! I cannot wait for my next Humanitarian trip I am not 100% where it will be...we'll see what opportunities come up! Love you all and as much as I am missing South America, it's good to be home :)

No comments: