Saturday, August 8, 2009
Traveling Day!
Today was a really good day though so busy! We woke up and went to the panaderia (bakery)!! I love that place with all of my heart haha :) They are so funny about their pan (bread)! They will make breakfast and leave it to get cold just so they can go get their pan and come home and eat and it will be warm...it makes me laugh, but I don´t mind because I love the pan here! But we had breakfast and then drove to Cayambe a town about 2 hours north of Quito and had Bizcotos I think they are called...and chocolate caliente and queso de hoja, the Bizcotos were all right, a little too dry for me, but dipped in the hot chocolate they were pretty good. The Queso de Hoja was soooo good! Love it :) Then we drove to Guyagammbal I think it is called...something like that and the family I am living with has a ton of birds and this is the town that they buy them from so we went to the place they get them an they had tons of beautiful birds! Then after that we went to have lunch, I had some soup...can´t remember the name but it was delicious :) THe food here is soooo good...but honestly I am really looking forward to eating a hamburger when I get back haha! I hate sitting down to a meal and not having any idea what it is and whether or not I will like it! Well it actually isn´t too bad because I usually like it, and it is kinda an adventure! But there are times when I am SOO hungry and I´ve sat down to eat and it is just digusting...but you eat it anyway! haha but yeah then we came home and played Volei.. It is kinda like volleyball but you can hit the ball how ever you want...you can lift it, etc...and they play with a soccer ball of course :) haha....Then we hung out for a while, talked, hung out with the neighbors...oh haha the neighbor lady is trying to set me up with her son haha it is hilarious...they sent us to a movie tonight haha, marcella and his sister paulina came along of course!! They are having him drive me to church tomorrow...it is pretty funny..But yeah we went to GI Joe tonight, it was really good!! Intense...that is for sure! But yeah a really good day! Lot´s and lot´s of pictures today! But, I am SOO excited for church tomorrow! Marcella is coming, and I think Marco is too...since he is driving me...haha, we shall see! But I am so excited to see how church is here! It will be awesome! I love you all and miss you lots and lots!! kara
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love reading your posts! It sounds like you are doing great. I am excited to see pictures Kara! WE MISS YOU!
Post a Comment